• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally, September 1-5, 2016

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just so those who want to pick at me can have a couple of weeks to get ready, I'm going to post the Range Rules here, in addition to having printed copies available at the Rally. My background is conducting High Power Rifle Matches, usually on Military Bases, so some of the terminology comes from that and a bit of it comes from conducting Bench Rest Shooting Matches (back in the 1970's). It looks better as an .RTF file than .TXT

Attachments

pmramsey

Just so those who want to pick at me can have a couple of weeks to get ready, I'm going to post the Range Rules here, in addition to having printed copies available at the Rally. My background is conducting High Power Rifle Matches, usually on Military Bases, so some of the terminology comes from that and a bit of it comes from conducting Bench Rest Shooting Matches (back in the 1970's). It looks better as an .RTF file than .TXT
My system will not allow me to open the file at all.

Suggestions?

Another Ahab

The only wrinkle that differs from any of our weapons training at MCB Quantico was the command "Targets" instead of "Commence Firing" (and immediately, up came the target butts).

Or that's the way I'm remembering it, but it was a good while back now. Thanks for the memory boost though, SCG-G4!

rickf

Man, I have not seen that list in a long time but I was on Mike's firing line last year and he does a thoroughly professional job. By the way, in reference to the very first statement on the list.................. I am a experienced heavy equipment operator.rofl

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I have not seen that list in a long time but I was on Mike's firing line last year and he does a thoroughly professional job. By the way, in reference to the very first statement on the list.................. I am a experienced heavy equipment operator.rofl
Rick,
I hope we do NOT have to call on your experience, but on the other hand I'm glad to know you are available!

CGarbee

Just a reminder that we are getting closer and closer to the event.
Registration fee goes up for registrations sent in (postmark) after August 22.

Advance (before August 22): Cost is $40 per person. Children 15 and under are $20 per person.
After August 22 or at the Gate: Cost is $50 per person. Children 15 and under are $25

Hope to see a bunch of you there.

Ford Mechanic

So I'm wanting to bring my atv. Is there a place that I can back the truck down into to help get it off? My ramps arn't long enough to get it in and out on flat ground. I can back it into a canal ditch to load it into here, other worse I'll have to drag my M105

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I'm wanting to bring my atv. Is there a place that I can back the truck down into to help get it off? My ramps arn't long enough to get it in and out on flat ground. I can back it into a canal ditch to load it into here, other worse I'll have to drag my M105

I can think of a few places at GM that you could back the truck straight up to and drive off of it up hill, without the truck ever being in a ditch!

CGarbee

We have a several of locations, including a couple of loading docks. :)
Loading docks that are located at the Cannery and Packing Shed are both good locations, as are a couple bank ramps in the orchard. I also have the steel ramps that I use to load a M274-A5 in my XM813 on site...

rickf

Hey Ferro, Got all the screws in the distributor cap? Brakes are highly over rated, use the guys brakes in front of you. ( I will be dang sure to stay behind you now. )rofl

CGarbee

As a reminder: DO NOT drive through the field with the folks who are camping with horses. There are folks who have horses that do not do well with the whine of turbos, diesel smoke, etc (heck, some of them get skittish walking past the hog pen over by the barnyard).
We will, as always, be entering the camping field from the back: using either the orchard entrance (by RickF's campsite) or by the Trout Pond.
I will be putting up the directional signs up on RT670 and RT643 (thanks once again, Mike SCSG-G4) early Thursday morning that route you to the Trout Pond entrance on RT 643 (entrance is at the intersection of Bohannon Road and RT643).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks