• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Honda GX390 engine for pressure washer question.

Chrispyny

I aquired an industrial pressure washer made by Northern Tool at auction. Frankly i think this is the first time i may have been disappointed at pick up. Long story short it will take time to get real pretty to more than likely resell.

Anyway, the pressure washer is a belt drive with a TS2021 oiled pump, and a Honda Gx390 engine. These went for $1,700-2000 when new from northern tool. I'm in it for $465 after taxes, fees etc.
I don't play with money i don't have so when i went to pull start the engine and found it completely locked up, i figured, ok, the odds were against me and i was bound to win a lemon sooner than later as i have been SO lucky over the last several years.

Good news is, i put a 24mm socket on the bolt, gave it a hard wrap in each direction and it came loose. The engine now turns freely except for the spot where it was stuck. Once it hits that spot, it travels past it but i can feel resistance.
Clearly this sat for a long time but i think i can get it going pretty good.

In the past, i read where you guys suggest to pour something down the spark plug hole and let it sit over night to clear up the rust ring on the cylinder.
For the life of me, i forget what it was that is suggested for that.

Please recommend what to soak the cylinder in. Thanks

goldneagle

I aquired an industrial pressure washer made by Northern Tool at auction. Frankly i think this is the first time i may have been disappointed at pick up. Long story short it will take time to get real pretty to more than likely resell.

Anyway, the pressure washer is a belt drive with a TS2021 oiled pump, and a Honda Gx390 engine. These went for $1,700-2000 when new from northern tool. I'm in it for $465 after taxes, fees etc.
I don't play with money i don't have so when i went to pull start the engine and found it completely locked up, i figured, ok, the odds were against me and i was bound to win a lemon sooner than later as i have been SO lucky over the last several years.

Good news is, i put a 24mm socket on the bolt, gave it a hard wrap in each direction and it came loose. The engine now turns freely except for the spot where it was stuck. Once it hits that spot, it travels past it but i can feel resistance.
Clearly this sat for a long time but i think i can get it going pretty good.

In the past, i read where you guys suggest to pour something down the spark plug hole and let it sit over night to clear up the rust ring on the cylinder.
For the life of me, i forget what it was that is suggested for that.

Please recommend what to soak the cylinder in. Thanks
I believe one of the fluids recommended was trannny fluid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks