• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan Title Issue

74M35A2

You need to give more details when you describe, both complete sides of the story. Get it plated correctly. Guessing you didn't move the title into your name yet either?

I do the big $ weight plate, and I have never been pulled over in the 5 or so years and 10,000 miles I have owned my M925a2, right next door to you. $460/yr. The court is going to tell you the same thing. But then I don't have anybody telling me when/where I can not drive it. Big toys, big $ to use them freely.

Roach1319

Title is in my name I just have not had a chance to get the plates.
Officer said nothing about the plate. Just the height of the bumpers and the frame.
I have almost 3000 miles in this and never had any issues till today.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No the plate I have been using is a transit repair plate.
Your going to run into plate violation issues , since your daily driving with it.
https://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2005-2006/billanalysis/Senate/pdf/2005-SFA-1399-A.pdf

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/Repair_Manual_Chapter_1_132938_7.pdf

Chapter 1: Licensing Requirements
Page
Revised November 2017
Section
1-7
In-Transit
Repair
Plates
1- 7.1 Authori
zation.
Registered repair facilities
m ay use special license plates on vehicles.
Michigan law permits
the use of in-transi
t repai
r plate
s for specified
purpose
s only. All other uses
are prohibited.
1- 7.2 Use.
Individuals or businesses that occasionally pick up and deliver a vehicle or m
ove a
vehicle for repair or service m
ay use an in
-transit plate to do so. No bonding is required of these
individuals or businesses.
1- 7.3 Expiration
Date.
In-transi
t plate
s expir
e on March
31st
of each year
. Application
s for
in-
transit plates are obtained and processed a
t Secretary of State bran
ch offices using Form BDVR
-
124. Proof
of
insurance for
all non
-owne
d vehicle
s is require
d and must be presented at tim
e of
application. The annual fee for each plate is $20.
1- 7.4 Replacement.
If an
in-transit plate is lost, d
estroyed or stolen, a replacem
ent plate m
ay
be obtained for $5 at any Secretary of State branch office

dunedigger

I believe the governor vetoed based on no time to hear facts on the matter and was influenced from a few opposing it. It will be presented again this year revised.

acudanut

Don't blame trolls. Blame AM General, and our Govt.. They Sent out notices to all 50 states that they are not to be titled for on road use. It was part of the their contract when they were first made. Unsafe for civilian use. LOL.
Too many people buying these and not doing their homework.

mccullek

original vin
It's not a problem in MS. I took my SF97 form and bill of sale to the DMV, paid the fees and got my tag the same day. Cost me less than $100. About 4 weeks later I got a MS vehicle title as well, so it is legally titled and tagged here in MS. They used the original serial number for the VIN number. It might be worth getting it titled in another state, then taking a legit title from that state to MI to have it titled maybe? I was really concerned about getting mine titled after reading some of the threads here and the issues people have in some states. It was a really simple process in MS, so I'm happy for that. I drive mine a lot and see several others like it around town and we don't have any issues really.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not a problem in MS. I took my SF97 form and bill of sale to the DMV, paid the fees and got my tag the same day. Cost me less than $100. About 4 weeks later I got a MS vehicle title as well, so it is legally titled and tagged here in MS. They used the original serial number for the VIN number. It might be worth getting it titled in another state, then taking a legit title from that state to MI to have it titled maybe? I was really concerned about getting mine titled after reading some of the threads here and the issues people have in some states. It was a really simple process in MS, so I'm happy for that. I drive mine a lot and see several others like it around town and we don't have any issues really.
A clean out of state title will get branded 'Off Road Use Only' here in Michigan , the governor considers it a 'war machine'.

mccullek

A clean out of state title will get branded 'Off Road Use Only' here in Michigan , the governor considers it a 'war machine'.
I feel for you guys. I'm just glad it's easy here. Like I said, after reading some of the horror stories, I was really concerned, but it was easier than getting a simple trailer titled and tagged here in MS. I had the darndest time getting a trailer tagged. I finally got it titled, but it wasn't easy. The HMMWV, easy and simple to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks