• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 Canadian 2 1/2 t with a pile of NOS Parts - Part I

Peter Phillips

I'm not considering buying the truck because my wife won't let me have it anywayaua . She did let me buy a M38CDN last December though!

I'm thinking of buying all the spares that the seller has. My big question is there a market for NOS parts or will I be stuck with them due to their abundance? There were drawers and shelves full of sealed bags and boxes so I really don't know all of what's in there yet. I'll try to describe what I seen and post some pics I took. I'll have to make a couple of posts to get all the pictures up.
NOS
Engine Gasket sets x 10ish
Seat Covers
Headlights
Driveshafts
Grill
Valve cover
Engine valves
Generator
Air packs x 2 (NOS?)
Brake shoes
Tires and rims
Spring leaves
Grill marker lights
Tailights
Wheel cylinder kits
Seals galore
Steering Wheel

Used
Gar Wood level winder found in the grass (Not sure if it's for the this truck or not?)
Starter
Taillight

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to your first post experience on Steel Soldiers. The site is massive so unless you read for a few months before posting it's easy to over-look the rules and proper forums to add info into. When you do decide to sell stuff here it's just a small fee to place adds in front of a very large audience. The moderators are the best guys to talk to when looking for a "forum" to talk about potential purchase or sale adds but everyone will help navigate through the first gates.

I'm sure the admin will help slide this over to the Early Deuce forum so the right addicts are looking at the pictures. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?18-The-Early-Deuce

As for the 'market' for parts and trucks, it's hot and cold. It appears you stumbled on a gold mine but the buyers are still the ones that place the value. I've only met two guys in 5 years that had the resources to keep these elephants moving.

I know a few guys that have kept parts on their shelves for decades because no one would pay their price to make all the effort financially viable. As I type this I'm guessing there are a few drooling mouths that are rekindling the idea that, maybe they can finally save that deuce.

Lets get you in the right forum and I'll chat up some locals to see what the interest might be close by. Thanks for getting those pictures up and hopefully we'll see you at the airshow.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Like m1010plowboy said, it is a "small fee" of $15 US for a Premium Membership, to sell on the site for a full year and you keep all the money from your sales. With that being said, yes there is a market and if you have the space and the seller is letting it go for below or close to scrap prices I would be all over it. If the there are tires unless they are mint, I would stay away from them. Welcome to the site and when you do get a Premium Membership not only do you get the 4 stars above your avatar that donation of $15 helps pay band width to keep the site running. It is easy to do just hit the Upgrade on the top left on a page.

Peter Phillips

Thanks for the heads up folks, I'm not new to forums and should've done my homework. My apologies, upgrade done via PayPal.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to scoop this stuff up and start cataloging it for future sales. And like most of us enthusiasts I'd rather see it put to good use and not sit on a shelf. That being said the prices will be more than reasonable; in fact I'll be asking the audience what they want to reasonably pay in most cases.

Last edited:

Section8

Oooooooooh!
You found the hot spot in cold lake!!!
I see a few things I would love to get my hands on. The grill, drive shafts, brake shoes and cylinders, emergency brake drum band, tires....
Welcome to the site.

SturmTyger380

There is a market for the parts. I would not say the parts would sell like hot cakes. But it is getting harder to find the parts so folks will just really need certain parts. And I don't see a current MV suppler stepping up to start making G749 specific reproduction parts. Keep us updated cause I have 5 trucks now!! (Am I crazy!!? ...... whoo hooo!!)

Peter Phillips

Well here's the reality of this "find". The seller won't sell the parts separate from the truck; buyer takes all or nothing. I did manage to get a few electrical items off him for my M38Cdn. Anyone need a truck that "ran when parked", converted to 12V, needs a int and rear diff (which comes with it) and will need to be towed to where it needs to go. I'm trying to find a local buyer but she's up for grabs. $2,500.00 takes all as is.

gentrysgarage

It seems like a 211 with a fully parted out M135 and a sprinkling of NOS parts. As such it seems like a decent deal at 2500 CND. Alas I was hoping you'd get it and sell me the M135 hubs :sad:

Section8

Tell me about it.!! I'm closer and would be on it like a soldier on his last ammo clip in the middle of a fire fight!!!
To bad I don't have 2500 just sitting around.
Is that just for the truck?
What is the asking price for the parts stock pile??
Maybe our local Northen preservation expert who is couple hours south of cold lake will look into it for preservation purposes.
If that price is for truck and parts I would sell some stuff asap and make a trip!!!!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well here's the reality of this "find". The seller won't sell the parts separate from the truck; buyer takes all or nothing. I did manage to get a few electrical items off him for my M38Cdn. Anyone need a truck that "ran when parked", converted to 12V, needs a int and rear diff (which comes with it) and will need to be towed to where it needs to go. I'm trying to find a local buyer but she's up for grabs. $2,500.00 takes all as is.
If it was within 500 miles of me it would already be in my garage. $2500 is a very good deal for everything.

Mattech

Great talking with you this afternoon, m1010ployboy and I will be arranging a time to come and get everything as we talked about..... his comment was Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday" now we have some spare parts... Yahooooo was my comment to him...lol

Mattech

parts

It was great talking with you this afternoon, m1010ployboy and I will plan a trip up to get everything and arrange for the truck to be moved soonest.... I will call and let you know when we will be there... Thanks Chris(Mattech)

Peter Phillips

It's Sold!

Well she's on her way to a new home near Edmonton as I'm typing. M101plowboy, Mattech and entourage drove the 3+ hours up with three trucks and trailers to get everything. I think we're all surprised at the amount of NOS parts that came with it. I'm glad it'll be put to good use. Enjoy the pics! A lot of the small stuff was packed in totes before the camera came out. I suspect you'll see another post on this treasure chest as soon as they go through it all. A quick summary of what I seen:
NOS
Manuals for every component on it including the operators manual.
1 x steering wheel
2 x running boards
1 x Grill
1 x Muffler
Asst exhaust pipes
6+ drive shafts
Steering components, cross links, tie rod ends
3-4 Axles shafts
Hub
Steering knuckle
Front springs x 2
Generators x 2
Seat covers
2 x airpacks
4 x park brake bands
park brake drum
4 x brake shoes
Exhaust manifold
4 tires on rims
Window regulators x 2
2 x hood prop rods
Bumperette
Oil bath air cleaner assembly
Lots of those dog bones or walking beam things that go on the rear diffs
Transmission parts that I don't recognize, Tourus or something and others.
There's enough seals, gaskets and parts in bags and boxes to even list
New steel wheel for the front of a water buffalo trailer or kitchen trailer

The truck itself came with three replacement diffs and a bunch of rims and used tires. It apparently ran when parked and has a working winch.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks