• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce identification

DavidWymore

Deuce identification 1964 M35 Lansing/White

I found another one of my deuce-converted-to-water-trucks at the Motor Transport Museum in Campo, CA.

Has a non turbo multi but appears to have originally been a gasser, small dash, no tach. Rear pass engine mount has bolts, not rivets, which I think indicates gas to multi swap. The dash plate says M35 not A1 or 2. Lansing div. of White Motor Co. Date: 1964 Serial #123897 which matches frame stamp.

My Stude A1 is a '62...can't remember which years switched what.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

That is a really early deuce right enough. There is a rev counter kit that used to be fitted on the right hand side of, and below the dash. just before the glove box.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What confuses me is the LDS427 was in production at that point (1964). Why was this Lansing Div truck built with gas power?

DavidWymore

My guess is it's an earlier truck and the '64 was stamped when it was converted. The answer is in the serial number I'm sure. Anyone have trucks around that era we can compare? That's how I figured out my data plate-less '62.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks