• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air ride seats ?

perplexTom

Hi,

I have installed an air ride seat today and it fit very good. Before the air ride seat i tested a spring seat and was not happy with it because the base of it was too high. Now i bought very cheap an air ride seat from a MAN TGA and the seat is manufactured of Grammer, a German brand.
I tested it not that much right now, but the little i tested it, it feels very comfy!
The air for it I passed by the air springs of the cab before the regulator for it (I think and hope), because i think air ride belongs to air ride, and it is not that critical like the brakes (i hope). So when I shut of the cab the seat is also off.
I still playing around with the Position for it.

Now I am looking for a air ride seat for the passenger side too, hope i find a cheap and good one too.

So in a post here i read, that the air springs can be adjusted left to right? Is this right? Because when i mounted the air for the seat, I see that the left spring comes not that high like the right one. But both seams to work and seams not leaking.

IMG_20170817_190357.jpg

Last edited:

coachgeo

Are military Hummer Seats same as LMTV in any way shape or form. There is some local for sale.. they look more high back but the pics he sent are really bad.

Thanks in advance.

Duckworthe

I used some basic side bolstered bucket seats I bought for like $160.00 each. My 80 year old mom rides in my truck and we just did a 1200 mile Off-road trip. 1800 total with highway mileage. she says its a Cadillac! You can see on her face that she was happy!

IMG_1398.JPG

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
In an LMTV I believe its better to sit up about 6 inches above the stock height. I'm 6'2 and I feel great with the AH6 Little Bird seats that ALHarvey as for sale. It makes it better in a stock seat to be up higher. Also moving it back some would help as well.

wandering neurons

Not air ride, but I picked up a pair of Honda Civic SI bucket seats. Some grinding to remove the old SI seat mounts, some creative bracketry, and they're mounted in my M1081. There's a little interference fit between the engine bump and the cab reinforcement, but nothing major. So much more comfortable, and they really hold your butt in place.IMG_3074.jpg

Masspilot

Hey duckworth looks like you had fun nice you spent some time with your mom. Remember she had to put up with you all your life lololololo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks