• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

progress on injector nozzles

Csm Davis

At what point do we need to start thinking about putting the oil squirters in our little engines that can? You guys are killing me, I am thinking about a p-pump with 480 injectors, squirters, second turbo, bigger exhaust header and pipes, mrap intercooler radiator assy, electric fans, and dual filter assemblies, what else would I need to keep from melting the engine down other than a light foot?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

74M35A2

Our engines are equipped with piston cooling nozzles already.

Need to advance ignition timing, it supposedly brings EGT way down, and makes sense if you think about it. The marine 480 injectors will make power but will likely be hot EGT and smokey as their spray angle is not optimal for non-marine pistons. NEVRENUFHP just came up with some improved injector nozzles with the correct spray angle.

image.jpg

Last edited:

grendel

I should have my injectors out and in the mail to you by Thursday. Doing an air to air charge cooler (with intake manifold) and stacks. Timing is already 16 degrees. Anything else I should consider? I think the HX40 is plenty of turbo, but I could go bigger with a T6 flange manifold I found.

nevrenufhp

I should have my injectors out and in the mail to you by Thursday. Doing an air to air charge cooler (with intake manifold) and stacks. Timing is already 16 degrees. Anything else I should consider? I think the HX40 is plenty of turbo, but I could go bigger with a T6 flange manifold I found.
you should be clear sailing. Watch the pyro during hard pulls, but I doubt it'll get all that hot.

74M35A2

Besides switching to a P7100 pump, that's probably about it for the stock 8.3L. You could switch to a newer 24v 8.3 and convert it over to mechanical injection (been done on YouTube), but at that point if changing engines just go with something stout like an ISX, Series 60, etc....

nevrenufhp

These pumps don't have a fuel plate. The nuts on the back are the equivalent of sliding a plate forward. The gov springs are covered in that long thread "who has bumped up the power". You can tighten the stock ones, add washer shims, or get a Dodge gov spring set. The 3k kit will let it rev to around 2800.

grendel

These pumps don't have a fuel plate. The nuts on the back are the equivalent of sliding a plate forward. The gov springs are covered in that long thread "who has bumped up the power". You can tighten the stock ones, add washer shims, or get a Dodge gov spring set. The 3k kit will let it rev to around 2800.
Thanks, doing this myself, so just confirming. My brother's stuck in Atlanta (the Cummins tech), so no help. I believe you also said to back nuts completely off with your nozzles?

nevrenufhp

Thanks, doing this myself, so just confirming. My brother's stuck in Atlanta (the Cummins tech), so no help. I believe you also said to back nuts completely off with your nozzles?
I wouldn't start at the max, unless you're empty all the time. I highly suggest you ease in to all that fuel. Start with it close to stock setting on the nuts, and work from there.

grendel

This is my truck :) :
14022182_10207997634473454_8792512444419852340_n.jpg

By definition, it will be empty all the time... granted, it got a Pete air ride rear suspension... but it's no where near what it was when hauling trailers on the king pin :gimp:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received my hi flow replacement 8.3L injectors from NEVRENUFHP with new nozzles in them. Here is a preview:
How these working out for you? Grendel? Nevrenufhp? Bueller? Anyone?

I want to add a little more power, but l’m already pushing EGT to the limits for my comfort level, completely stock. Rereading some if my favorites and looks like in post #1 Nevrenufhp claims lower EGT with the same or slightly more power with these nozzles?

nevrenufhp

I quit doing injectors over a year ago. The bad thing with the nozzles in a 5 ton, is the size. They are too big, and dont atomize well at all. What I did find, is using some injectors from a newer 300hp 6CT, then playing around with the fuel rate will give a mild increase. Yet it'll burn much cleaner with cooler EGT.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I quit doing injectors over a year ago. The bad thing with the nozzles in a 5 ton, is the size. They are too big, and dont atomize well at all. What I did find, is using some injectors from a newer 300hp 6CT, then playing around with the fuel rate will give a mild increase. Yet it'll burn much cleaner with cooler EGT.
What’s the part number?

74M35A2

Cute, so what about the ones I bought from you a while back?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks