• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

progress on injector nozzles

nevrenufhp

To a mechanic that's a "it must be to factory spec" kind of guy, all of what I do is taboo. I'm sure he would flip out about these nozzles.
Can't say that there is no way it will work with the Ppump plungers...There's always a way.
Swapping to a Ppump is still Cummins spec, basically motor home spec

74M35A2

I would have no problem stabbing a P pump in mine if the benefits were there. But, if the stock MW can take it as far as 400hp, that is probably enough. Next step would be 8V92TA, 14L 515hp series 60, or 500hp Cummins isx.

nevrenufhp

I would have no problem stabbing a P pump in mine if the benefits were there. But, if the stock MW can take it as far as 400hp, that is probably enough. Next step would be 8V92TA, 14L 515hp series 60, or 500hp Cummins isx.
A Ppump can certainly get it well over 400hp, even 600hp isnt too hard. The thing the 8.3 has going for it is the rpm range. The 8V92 is more of a novelty engine these days. Sure, an ISX will make 500hp more efficiently, it cant spin much past 2300. These can go to 4500....not that you should.
Sending much over 300hp to the Allison will shorten its life. You can help it out by shifting at a higher rpm, and hike up the timing so all the torque isnt at such a low rpm. It is a chain reaction effect when modding a truck. That's exactly why Grendel's Cummins mechanic guy says what he says. You start finding weak links when overpowering the drive train. If the pump is set to stock still, adding these injectors will add more power for sure while not being horribly smokey. Max out the pump nuts, and it will turn in to a torque monster. Ujoints, axle shafts, and cooling(#1 by far) will be the new concern.

74M35A2

10-4 to all. Trying to keep the 8.3 for its RPM range. Any other engine would require a trans change for durability and to take advantage of the lower RPM range of those engines. The sound of a 2 stroke DD says "Satan is coming", just like on Maxium Overdrive. Ha ha ha!

grendel

10-4 to all. Trying to keep the 8.3 for its RPM range. Any other engine would require a trans change for durability and to take advantage of the lower RPM range of those engines. The sound of a 2 stroke DD says "Satan is coming", just like on Maxium Overdrive. Ha ha ha!
If only you had a 13 speed and a M916 transfer case...

74M35A2

May be picking up a donor 923 roller and an 8v92ta to go with it. Wolf in sheep clothing. If transfer case won't live, then we'll just dump 2 lockers in the rear and extend the prop shaft.

74M35A2

I am sending him a 13 speed RR trans :)
Will be awesome. After 5th gear, I'll be completely lost, and like hmmmmm, what does this lever do? At the same time, going like 25mph on the freeway and watching some old dude on my phone YouTube row through 13 speeds on a non-synchro tranny with a square hanging out of his mouth, never lifting his left foot, thinking "How in the he** does he do that?".

grendel

I ordered my Blue Bird bus charge air cooler... will get the Bobber in next week to get the nozzles out and over to you.

74M35A2

He needs the entire injector(s) to be able to dial in the (increased) pop-off pressure across all of them. Not just the nozzles. Your injectors will be seized in their seats. Start soaking them with penetrant as soon as you get off the plane. You may need a puller that threads onto the fuel nut thread portion of the injector.

grendel

He needs the entire injector(s) to be able to dial in the (increased) pop-off pressure across all of them. Not just the nozzles. Your injectors will be seized in their seats. Start soaking them with penetrant as soon as you get off the plane. You may need a puller that threads onto the fuel nut thread portion of the injector.

nozzle = euphemism for injector, to a guy that doesn't deal with them all that often.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks