• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1A2 Abrams RC 1:16 Scale

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A tad pricey for me................I don't know much about R.C. stuff though........................ I have seen a couple videos of some REALLY neat stuff on U tube though. Did like the hooded mosquito jacket! LOL

Another Ahab

What we need to do is start a club, you know a few hundred people, and we all buy one:

- And then we get together every now and then and look for bullies on playgrounds to circle up on. Or,

- Maybe we stage a miniature recreation of the Battle of Kursk!

MRAP DREAM GIRL

It's an addiction! Here are four of ours. The two big ones are 1/16 scale Taigen tanks, made in Germany. Price is in the $400 to 600 range, but they are worth every penny. The high end versions are about 90% metal and weigh around 25 lbs. They fire air soft BB's about 90 feet. They also have loud sounds for engine, main gun, machine gun, and they even have exhaust with the included oil.

Most of our battles with these big girls end up going from tank on tank to tank on person after enough cocktails.

The smaller tanks are 1/24 scale VS Pro tanks and are infrared instead of air soft. They also have all of the really cool sounds including explosion when they are hit. You get 40 shots with the main gun and after 5 hits your tank is out of commission. They also rock and light up after taking a hit. To be honest they are more addictive than the big tanks. Price is just under $200, depending on model.

We really want to build a battle field diorama for the 1/24 tanks but can't find a good source of accessories and models ( buildings and such ) to do it. Any help would be appreciated
. A tank get together would be awesome too!IMG_0252.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an addiction! Here are four of ours. The two big ones are 1/16 scale Taigen tanks, made in Germany. Price is in the $400 to 600 range, but they are worth every penny. The high end versions are about 90% metal and weigh around 25 lbs. They fire air soft BB's about 90 feet. They also have loud sounds for engine, main gun, machine gun, and they even have exhaust with the included oil.

Most of our battles with these big girls end up going from tank on tank to tank on person after enough cocktails.

The smaller tanks are 1/24 scale VS Pro tanks and are infrared instead of air soft. They also have all of the really cool sounds including explosion when they are hit. You get 40 shots with the main gun and after 5 hits your tank is out of commission. They also rock and light up after taking a hit. To be honest they are more addictive than the big tanks. Price is just under $200, depending on model.

We really want to build a battle field diorama for the 1/24 tanks but can't find a good source of accessories and models ( buildings and such ) to do it. Any help would be appreciated
. A tank get together would be awesome too!View attachment 656823

Relatively inexpensive "armor" as that goes! Imagine the fuel savings your experiencing! LOL Nice looking motor pool ya got there! Imagine you could build most all that you need for a diorama from balsa wood and stuff from the model Railroad industry....

Another Ahab

That's wild! It makes a real game out of fielding a tank regiment.

I think marchplumber is right on the nailhead, and the model railroading marketplace is where you might search for accessories. If the trend grows, you can bet that they'll jump on the bandwagon. Maybe you could give them the nudge.

Another Ahab

That's wild! It makes a real game out of fielding a tank regiment.

I think marchplumber is right on the nailhead, and the model railroading marketplace is where you might search for accessories. If the trend grows, you can bet that they'll jump on the bandwagon. Maybe you could give them the nudge.
OK, well apparently (according to the text behind this vid), nobody makes any accessories to that scale.

That doesn't mean that nobody ever will, though.

https://youtu.be/dKeX3MvFQts

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I meant was, they would have the raw materials to design and build the diorama to the desired scale. Would imagine most work would have to be from scratch.....so, inside layout would be more sustainable. Not saying an outside system couldn't be built, but it would require substantial maintenance....... Like real armor vehicles d o, so.....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have three 1/16 scale m3 or m5, think m3, they have small lawn mower 12v batteries, sound, full independent suspension, right now I have a sticky servo in one unit and a control issue on another hand held controller, the the third will be used for parts because these tanks are not made anymore which means no getting needed parts, a few years ago I had to rebuild the drive for one of the tanks. I really need to get them out and bring up to operating condition in case the compound is over run.

Another Ahab

How do they "recognize" the hits: audio, tactile, electromagnetic or something?

MRAP DREAM GIRL

There is a small clear receiver turret on the top of each tank, and that's what you want to shoot at. More research is showing 1/24 scale not to be too popular.IMG_0255.jpg

Flyingvan911

I have an Abrams about that size that I got off Ebay five or more years ago. The rubber tracks are the weak point. They break easily, especially when turning. Maybe the one in the original post is better.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tank museum in DANVILLE VIRGINA has many military vehicles, and an inside battle field in 1/16 scale that's about 100'x200' .there is a railroad, a small town , rivers bridges hills forestry , destroyed tanks ect. I battled there a few times.
Most of the tanks are Tamiya and or tamiya capable.ta.iya has there own battling signal.
Tanks you can get are .
German king tigers both types hershel turret and krup turret, the jadg tiger strum tiger
Tiger 1 early,mid, late panzer 3,panzer 4
Panther and jadg panthe
Elefant,Ferdinan
Leopard
AMERICAN Sherman's early late, Pershing ,hell cat, half track,Deuce and a half. Abrams
British Sherman 7 lbs Cromwell ,Chalanger
Russin ls2 t34 kv1 early and late, kv2
These tank shoot an nfored beam that most owners of these tanks re position it into the main guns barrel if it was not already installed there.
The tanks come with a sound board which is recorded from a running tank of it's kind. Some come with smokers and some owners build their own, the best one I've seen was made using the speaker so when the tank accelerated so did the exhuast and at idle it looked it.
WITH THE BATTLE SYSTEM There were three settings. One of settings was setup for a heavy tank such as the king tiger. This tank would get 9 shots and would get 9 damage hits. and each time the tank is hit the tank moves slower until it no longer can move. And each time it fires at its enemy it has to wait 9 seconds .
Then there is a medium that will get 5 shots and kills at 5 second intervals.
And then there is the light tank this tanks does every thing in 3 second intervals.
There are even more now that some of the guys are using 3d printers.
I've battled with guys from Europe California Canada and all over from the US.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks