• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern Metals Wilmington NC Humvee parts

HUMVEE Parts for Sale: we are contracted by the government to sell the following de-militarized Humvee vehicle parts here in the Resale Warehouse at Southern Metals Recycling:

Engines (all engines sold with transmission and transfer case):
6.2L - $1,500
6.5L - $2,200
6.5L Turbo - $2,600

Tires (with wheels)
100% Tread - $400 for set of 4 (single tire is $100)
80% Tread - $350 for set of 4 (single tire is $87.50)
65% Tread - $300 for set of 4 (single tire is $75.00)
55% Tread - $200 for set of 4 (single tire is $50.00)

Hoods
Std Fiberglass Hoods - $200
Turbo Hoods with Grill - $500 (first come-first serve to turbo engine buyers)

Doors
Fiberglass - $800 for a set of 4 (single fiberglass door is $200)
Canvas - $80 for a set of 4 (single canvas door is $20)

Seats
Seats - $65 each

Transaction Discounts
If you spend $6,000 before tax -- you receive 10% OFF
If you spend $10,000 before tax -- you receive 12% OFF
If you spend $20,000 before tax -- you receive 15% OFF

Deposits: 10% of total price of order, non-refundable, must be picked up within 7 days. Cash or credit card. No checks.

Please call Bruce Campbell for more information. Phone: 843-231-4352. Or, come by to take a look at the parts. We are open 6 days a week - shorter hours on Saturdays (8:30am-12:30pm). We are located at 2923 US Hwy 421 North - two miles north of the Battleship in Wilmington. Phone: 910-524-5618. www.southernmetals.com

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to be going to Findlay, OH this Thursday, if anyone along the way or near Fidlay or beyond needs some parts from this place, I can pickup and bring it with me. You just have to pay for the item before hand and throw me some fuel money.

CaptBushrod

Hello members, this is Bruce Campbell (CaptBushrod on this site) and I hope I"m following protocol by replying to this new post. We are Demilling a large quantity of Humvees and have approval to harvest the items listed above by Southern Steel. We have a large quantity of 6.5L nat asp engines that have more then 10k miles but less than 20k that we are offering on a temporary special at $1800, including transmission and transfer case, start and transmission modules. Give me a call if these have interest for you.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The biggest issue i have is that you don't offer any sort of shipping prep or allow for pickup from a shipping carrier,
so all your Sales are limited to local pickup only. The single pallet the engines and trans sit on will never be allowed to ship as there is far to much overhang, not to mention, the shoring and tie down are iffy at best.

i personnaly would have no problem buying a ready ship unit with pics and details provided.
i have already installed at least one of your takeout units in a customer truck and was very happy, but I had to go through a middle man to go get it, prep it and ship it.
you guys might also get a reduced volume discount from your shipper, I know several forms doing what your doing and they get awesome deals on shipping pallets of tires....anyway, just my .02

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can tell you that my experience with these folks has been great. Bruce Campbell coordinates the sales on these parts and is fair, reliable and true to his word.

CaptBushrod

I understand where you're coming from RetiredWarHorse but we are a recycling plant and not a parts house, consequently we are not set up with a shipping dept unless I can put it in a dump truck or railroad gondola. We do ship engines on double pallets with about 24" overhang on LTL, and by hotshot. Tire and seats all go strapped to pallets. I appreciate the comments and all the customers that drive or fly to come buy from us. I think our prices make the trip worthwhile, at least that's what our customers tell me. Customers have driven here from FL, IL, AZ, DE, MD, PA, NY, TN,GA, OK, VA to name a few. Thanks again, CaptBushrod

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand where you're coming from RetiredWarHorse but we are a recycling plant and not a parts house, consequently we are not set up with a shipping dept unless I can put it in a dump truck or railroad gondola. We do ship engines on double pallets with about 24" overhang on LTL, and by hotshot. Tire and seats all go strapped to pallets. I appreciate the comments and all the customers that drive or fly to come buy from us. I think our prices make the trip worthwhile, at least that's what our customers tell me. Customers have driven here from FL, IL, AZ, DE, MD, PA, NY, TN,GA, OK, VA to name a few. Thanks again, CaptBushrod
yep, I do understand....

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any complete Airlift bumpers (with or without spare tire carrier and other stuff) for sale? you'd be closer than most of my options.

TucsonVTXF

Heading out next week for my second trip to southern metals to pick up a drive line and I cant wait!!!!!!!!! They are great people to deal with!!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks