• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern Metals Wilmington NC Humvee parts

TucsonVTXF

you are wrong. they will band it to a pallet. other to that you need to do the rest. they have a fork lift but no loading dock that I have seen. you need to call and ask them yourself

CaptBushrod

Did I read correctly that SMR doesn't allow freight carriers to pick up? No dock or forklifts to load?
Not correct. We just don't ship parts by standard carriers as we have no good way to package product to their specs. We load customer box trucks, flatbeds, pickups and vans all day long.

Bruce Campbell
843-231-4352

Not correct. We just don't ship parts by standard carriers as we have no good way to package product to their specs. We load customer box trucks, flatbeds, pickups and vans all day long.

Bruce Campbell
843-231-4352
I'm glad to hear that. I thought I read in this thread about carriers. But regardless, the broker that arranged my Ft. Bragg hmmwv said he could pick up a load from SMR if everything was on a pallet & ready to be loaded.
The HMMWV hoods, are those able to be put on a pallet? Possibly stack 2 of them with a pair of batteries?
Also, I've heard you all only accept wire transfer for sales not face-to-face?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad to hear that. I thought I read in this thread about carriers. But regardless, the broker that arranged my Ft. Bragg hmmwv said he could pick up a load from SMR if everything was on a pallet & ready to be loaded.
The HMMWV hoods, are those able to be put on a pallet? Possibly stack 2 of them with a pair of batteries?
Also, I've heard you all only accept wire transfer for sales not face-to-face?
Why don't you just call them?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to a salvage yard in Bedford Indiana that had a similar contract. They wanted $200/tire and I didn't bother asking other prices after that, I was too busy crying, seeing NEW MRAP machinery, with new tires and new engines and new cranes and and and, get turned to scrap. They were not scraping old or used MRAP, they had tons and tons of new that NOTHING could be purchased from. What a wasteful military we have. And to think we (US citizens) can't buy the Cat engine, or the 16.00 Michelins... but our government will give new Stingers, one of our most advanced ground to air missiles, directly to the "good rebels " and ISIS.

jiminize1

Just called Bruce, great guy. Who lives near there that could go over there and pick up a set of hard doors and 2 seats and crate them up for shipping? I would then get a truck to come get it from you. I'd be glad to pay you $100 plus a case of beer??

Thanks in advance
James

Dabeachman

Hey James, I'm new here and I know Bruce at SMR...in fact know quite a few of the guys there. I stop by almost everyday. Buy and sell tools and such.
If I can help you or any of the members here with crating up your purchases, I would give it a shot. Retired carpentry contractor, so it shouldn't be too hard?!
I'll look Bruce up tomorrow and see if he can hook me up with pallets anyway, they have box trailers FULL of em.
Just have to see what his requirements for me would be.
DaBeach

Dabeachman

Talking to Bruce at Southern Metals today at length, and this is complicated. They got burnt on an order, plus shipping, with someone using a stolen CC. That ended them doing any kind of shipping or taking credit cards over the phone.
They sell this stuff so fast just don't need the problems.
Wish I could help out more, but gonna be too involved for me to get into.

Dabeachman

I suppose you want hard doors, or X doors? If so good luck. They can't keep them in stock. I have been trying, but those are the first thing to go.
Waiting list......
Any other vehicles doors, I haven't checked on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks