• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern Metals Wilmington NC Humvee parts

Darrellr

Guys

i have made Numerous calls to this company. They will not pick up or return calls on either number.

Is is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a better hmmwv part source so I can move on from using this vendor as they do not appear to want to help our hobby or assist with getting parts. I've left messages for Bruce and called the main number who refer me to him for military sales

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
He did eventually reply to me. But it was to offer up things I had said I wasn't interested in.

Dabeachman

No he was on vacation a few weeks ago.
They simply do not have ANY new stock at all. Most likely just tired of answering the phone all day, they all have other responsibilities there.
I do know they have been promised some HMMWV coming in, but it's the government! Until someone in charge makes the call, (in military) there will be no shipments.

CaptBushrod

Hey guys, sorry about the slow response. I try to call everyone back, but probably miss a few and I've been in and out of the plant on other projects. As someone mentioned we currently are processing some HEMTT trucks for the base, and are waiting on a new shipment of Humvees. I suspect we will see them either this week or next. At the present, we only have (a few) 6.5L 3spd drivetrains, about 12 set of 37" tires, and ECV and standard hoods in stock. The sales we've had over the past couple of months have reduced inventory significantly.

So here's a sitrep - we have completed processing the Oshkosh 8x8's that we received over the last three weeks and have received notification from the DLA that there are Humvees being processed at Ft. Bragg and will be shipped to us once that is completed. In the meantime we have a few drivetrains, hoods (std and ECV), tires (most 70% or better), and a few old style seats. We're selling standard hoods that have physical damage, for the lights, at $35/each and you have to take the hood with you. We have a few ECV hood systems left at the sale price of $200. Standard hoods in good condition will sell for $75. Remember, we don't ship....why?? Because LTL carriers don't like the way we package (or don't package) this freight. We will palletize those parts that fit on a pallet, but we do not secure parts to the pallet except engines which we block and band. We don't do layaway, no deposits. If you call and we have it, we will hold it two days for your pickup. If I tell you it will be here when you get here, you can take that to the bank. We don't take credit cards over the phone except for certain cases, but we do accept CC, cash or check when you check out at the plant. I know this riles up some of you guys that live out of town, but ****, we have customers from as far away as Spokane WA, Ogden UT, San Francisco CA, and Tucson AZ and they have figured out how to get here and get back with their equipment in tow, so I'm not listening to any bitching. Give me a shout in a couple weeks and we'll see what the cat has drug in. I appreciate all the support and I hope we have provided some small amount of service to the military vehicle enthusiast and rebuilder.

Capt. Bushrod

Last edited:

TucsonVTXF

IMG_3546.jpgIMG_3547.jpgIMG_3543.jpgIMG_3549.jpgIMG_3548.jpgIm the guy from Tucson!!! great to deal with southern metals!!! Fly in and take a uber to the budget rent a truck center drive over load up and hit the road!!! (stop by harbor freight for tie downs and a lock first!!!)

Last edited:

TucsonVTXF

on 2 trips I got every thing I wanted but a tire carrier. yes no holding of parts but call a couple of days out to check stock levels and let him know when you are on the road.

infidel got me

Bruce is a super nice guy and really easy to deal with. Some zipper head apparently stiffed him on a transaction-- credit card/check??? Idk. That in turn, F'ed it up for the rest of the honest people-- thanks a lot ahole. Bruce may hold an item for a day or two but it all depends on what it is. No disrespect to Bruce or S.Metals.........

CaptBushrod

Not sure how Dabeachman knows this since we worked 6 trucks last week and have 6 more scheduled. Anyway, keep spreading the rumors, its takes the demand pressure off an otherwise small supply.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What kind of trucks are parting out? I have not heard back from you about the parts I was looking for.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

CaptBushrod

Same things we've talked about via PM and text messages.
Sorry, no. We've sold all the HMETT tires we had, and we didn't part any of the last 5 trucks we got. I've got one set of 10 9x20 mounted deuce .5 tires, some folks call them "pizza wheels" that are in good shape, and that's it. DLA's processing 6 HMWWV's for us at the moment but I suspect it will be 2 weeks before we see them.

CaptBushrod

Hey guys, just a quick notice that we have cancelled our contract to demil Humvees for the DLA effective today. It was mutually agreed that we had demilled over 800 trucks on a 450 truck contract and effectively ran through most of the vehicles they had processed to scrap. We still have tires for $50/ea, hoods for $100/ea, and a few 6.5L 3spd. engine setups under 5000 miles for $1800.
I appreciate all the support from the folks that bought equipment, and good luck with your projects.
Capt. Bushrod B. Campbell

CaptBushrod

We're down to 2 engines and 125 hoods. Starting today hoods are $25 ea. FCFS. No shipping. Cash or credit card. Anything left by midweek gets shipped to a reseller where you can buy them at the going retail rate. Southern Metals Recycling, Wilmington NC. We appreciate the business.
Capt. Bushrod

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks