• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why does Iron Planet hate me?

joeberg

I am just curious if anyone has times that can beat this. I am starting to think there is someone out there just trying to see what my breaking point will be.

Purchase Date: 10/7/2015
Paid Date: 10/9/2015

EUC Approval Date: 3/22/2015 5.5 months
Pickup Date: 3/29/2015

SF-97 Date: Still Waiting....

I fully expected it to take a while for the EUC although I thought 5.5 weeks was a bit much, but whatever. So its been 2 months since my EUC was approved and I am still waiting for my SF-97. After it was approved, I was told it would be 3-4 weeks until I would receive the SF-97. So...

4/22 (4 weeks later) I called and I was told then I should receive it in the following week.

4/29 I hadn't received it so I called was told it would be one more week.

5/10 I called and was told it was still 3 weeks out.

5/17 I get a response from JWade saying it shows it wasn't even sent to the DLA signature until 5/2 but should be back soon. I still don't know why it was sat on for over 1 month. (but it gets better)

5/19 I called to see if it had been received back yet and was told it had shipped overnight to me that same day and I should have it the next day (Friday).

5/20 At around 5:30 eastern I still hadn't received it so I called back to get a tracking number and was told it shows it shipped, but they couldn't find tracking and to call back today since everyone had left.

5/23 (Today) I called back today to get tracking information and was told it really hadn't shipped at all (mistake in the system) and was now being printed at the DLA for signature and they couldn't provide an ETA because they were real busy!

At this point its been 7 months since I paid for this thing and I still don't have the ability to transfer it. I get told a different story every time I call so its almost entertainment at this point. It would be one thing if I was told it will take 2 months to get my SF-97. I would just wait 2 months before following up, but to be told something different after missing each promised date is frustrating and time consuming.

And before anyone says just stop calling and you will get it eventually, I finally got the EUC after 5.5 months only because after calling and having someone investigate it was 'found' and had been approved but they didn't know why it hadn't been sent out. It sounded as if it had been misplaced and they had to track it down. If I hadn't called today asking for a tracking number, it would have been marked as shipped and no one would have ever known it hadn't really shipped.

I appreciate JWade and everything he does to help us out, but this is ridiculous and we have no recourse. Has anyone else had this much of a problem getting their SF-97?

Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first was for a deuce. Bought in March and got the approval to pick up the truck in September. Been there, done that. This was GL right after they took over from DRMO.

joeberg

I just got a tracking number from JWade! Apparently it was a training issue and it was found after all. So maybe there is hope. Thanks so much JWade!

pmramsey

Your next surprise will be when you actually receive your SF-97. Do not fret; you are in some very good company. It is the old hurry up and wait process. Its not all bad. The sad part is that one is reluctant to make other purchases until the first one clears. So many Humvees to sell; so little time.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They might be just taking longer to assemble the S.W.A.T. team as they have a lot of people to take down.
I started to pack my bags and head out when my paper work came in and no worries.

joeberg

You may be right about SWAT, but I was finally able to get my SF-97 last week for the HMMWV I purchased back in October thanks to JWade's help. Much appreciated JWade!

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't received my SF-97, but wasn't counting on it. I guess if I EVER want one, I should start bringing it up now...
Bulldogger

drivebymashing

The bad thing without jwades help there is nothing anyone can do. Contact BBB yeah right. Whine on every forum known to man. Waste of time....Ive bought over 40 vehicles in the last 12 years no problem at all with paper work. Some of them were kind of shady deals too. Buy 5 trailers from GP one didnt have a serial number= no title. The other 2 Im up to 6 weeks no sf97 still possibly 3 weeks away. The EUC process seems to be more of a hassle. I have bid on a bunch of hummers and fmtv and 5 tons. Im sooooooooooooo glad i didnt win any of them. Id be old and grey before I could get a tag let alone pick it up!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This is scary.......
Not really. If you have done any reading here on SS, you would have known these issues for a long time. It amazes me that corporations can be so worthless when it comes to customer service.

It has been said many times how valuable Jwade is, just think what happens when he gets fed up and quits, or some other company decides to hire him!

therooster2001

Bill of sale, same day. SF97, brutal. It took multiple calls and emails to get it moving. Not enough info (fully filled out form), can you send it again, it's being signed today, now waiting on that person... Had to raise some **** with a supervisor, but she got it moving. 3 months on an MKT. course then the DMV dinged me a late fee too as I didn't register it within 30 days. Call early, call often.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks