• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring AROKMOTXKS rally

jasonjc

RE: Too Big

Come on guys only 2 weeks left!! Talk with the pepole that run the park, they are waiting for us. It's a praivte park so NO tree huggers will be after us. They have mud pit if you want. They also have 40+ miles of trails anything from drit roads to had core off roading. Camping on site. All we need is trucks and pepole....

jasonjc

RE: Next Weekend

It next weekend, come hell or high water. I just found a leaking axle seal and leaking wheel cylinder on my M109 :x And the shop door is too low to fit it in aua aua Got it all torn down , there is more grease in the axle tube than was in the hub. Its a good thing I found it to day the wheel brearing would not of lasted much long with out grease. It was "TI'D" by the army in '05 I don't think they did a good job. It now make's me glade I had it hauled home to start with.

jasonjc

Talked to the owner of the park today he can't wait to see us. I will be getting there Friday afternoon and leave sunday late AM early PM. I know there are more of steelsoldiers close by come on down and have some fun or just shoot the sh** let's put faces to name's.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will possibly be there earlier on Friday.. depends on travel. Might have to get partway there and get a hotel, then the rest of the way. Maybe I am getting old.. 350 miles is about 5 or 6 hours.

I plan to take a fairly direct route but avoid the toll roads.

from dallas:
75 north becoming 69
cross I-40
cross I-44 at 45 degree angle
east on 60/69 through Vinita
crosses I-44 again
60/69 turns north and goes through Afton
60 northwest through Farland and past Wyandotte
south on 10
east (right) on E 160 road becoming southeast
south on N 670 rd.
east on E 166 rd.
south (right) on S cayuga rd.
southwest (right) on E 175 rd.
I think it is a driveway on/forking to the right.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
700 acres.. heh that reminds me of getting turned around at a heavily wooded 1200 acre ATV park when the sun went down.. handheld no-frills GPS and compass got me back. For this reason that park (red river ("muenster") don't allow night riding. That, and drunks kept drving ATVs and dirt bikes off cliffs in the dark. I would like to map this one's boundaries and features out though. 600 acres can be done pretty easy. I did these Other places in Texas and OK:

http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/MAP/LAKE_MURRAY/INDEX.HTML
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/MAP/RED_RIVER/INDEX.HTML
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/MAP/ROCKY_RIDGE/INDEX.HTML

See y'all there Friday! p.s. be sure to bring a poncho..

BigJay

Well it's not looking good for me. We just got our house a couple weeks ago.. Been moving like crazy. I brought my Suburban to the house the first day but hadn't had a chance to look at it. (It's been sitting in a field since June). Fired right up (always does), ran down the road good, but the brakes sucked. Looks like the left rear wheel cylinder is blown. My transfer case has been screwed up (chain slipping), but that wouldn't have stopped me from attending. I got a welded rear diff, a winch, and y'all got deuces. :)

So... if I can get the wheel cylinder changed tomorrow I will try and pop up there on Saturday. If not, then I'll have to wait 'till next year.

-Jay

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the way

Jason:
Couldn't arrange to pick up my new Deuce, so I packing up the M715 Contact Maint. Truck, you never can tell we may need a welder as well as the gen set the way the weather is looking.
James G.

1qwkgoat

RE: On the way

hey guys thought I'd ask I'm not sure whether I should show up or not. As I don't have a MV(yet), and didn't know if I would be in th way. If this is a event geared more for people with a MV. I just didn't want to drive all the way up there only to be in the way. My college budget just doesn't allow me to have a MV at the moment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks