• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump rebuild

Jake59

Hi all,

I have the same numbers on my Stanadyne: DB2 829-4879
But how are the Stanadyne injection pumps identified?
By the first 2 characters + 4 numbers: DB2 829 only or is the complete series: DB2 829-4879 necessary in order to determine the correct injection pump?

Thanks,

Jake

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,

I have the same numbers on my Stanadyne: DB2 829-4879
But how are the Stanadyne injection pumps identified?
By the first 2 characters + 4 numbers: DB2 829 only or is the complete series: DB2 829-4879 necessary in order to determine the correct injection pump?

Thanks,

Jake

Not sure of your question, if your have a 4879, then you need a 4879.
db2 is a mechanical pump.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first two digits represent build date month and year. In this case, J is September, 2 is 1992, and 5 on the 4126 indicates it was built in 1995, as validated by the '95' casting mark.DB is for rotary distributor-type head, where each cylinder gets it's own injection port and pipe, supplied by single barrel.2 indicates two opposed pumping plungers, driven by steel rollers in ceramic pillow blocks8 indicates number of cylinders31 indicates 0.31" pump plunger diameter, used in the 6.5 pumps. 29 is 0.29" used in 6.2 pumps. 4911 indicates specifications to which pump was built, J is assembly plantAlso on label is inj pump serial niumber, and customer part number - GMC, Chev, Ford, etc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks