• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat Project

prodro1

Well here are the pics of the fuel filters, first is primary and then secondary..I also got the drivers side tank off to clean it. Like I said the primary is toast, the secondary look alot better, but am still going to replace them both. I am probably going to install the spin on adapters to make things easier. But I have not decided yet. I also got most of the cab floor cleaned out. I spent about 2 hours scooping the leaves and muck out, sifting through it to see what goodies where mixed in. I only found a few pieces of hardware, a data plate of some kind and I found the cover that goes on the dash for the brake reservoir. At least I dont have to find or fabricate one. 20160614_122912.jpg20160614_122850.jpg20160612_121424.jpg20160612_123746.jpg

m38inmaine

That primary filter shows you what it's pulling out of the tank, nasty stuff. Good decision taking the time to clean it, that will save a lot of grief in the future. I'm debating on only using the drivers side tank and capping off the cross over fuel tank line. I doubt I would ever need 40 gallons of fuel, I will still install the other tank and could still easily hook it up if desired.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh that looks nasty. Glad you didn't try starting with that in there. And unless you cut that secondary open there's no telling how bad it really is.

prodro1

Yea. They are pretty nasty. That is a pretty good idea about only using the one tank..what kind of mpg do these things get. I have a couple of teleflex mbu diesel stoves. I was thinking about hooking one into the carrier and I could use the p/s tank as an external fuel source for the stove. I still have to clean that other tank but it is nowhere near as bad as the driver side. The fuel cap is busted so I think that is why it is so nasty. I need to find 2 new caps and the filler necks that go inside of the tanks

prodro1

I'm having trouble identifying the year of my transmission. I have found websites that give you the info from the serial number. But mine is nowhere close. Does anybody know what year it is? Also what does this little guy go to, I found it among all the dirt and grime in the floor1466122411819-653593826.jpg

m38inmaine

That tag goes in the fuel strainer, it attaches to the strainer with a cotter pin where the safety chain attaches. Can't help with the transmission other than it should be within a year or so of the date of manufacture of the truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gamagoat1

Yea. They are pretty nasty. That is a pretty good idea about only using the one tank..what kind of mpg do these things get. I have a couple of teleflex mbu diesel stoves. I was thinking about hooking one into the carrier and I could use the p/s tank as an external fuel source for the stove. I still have to clean that other tank but it is nowhere near as bad as the driver side. The fuel cap is busted so I think that is why it is so nasty. I need to find 2 new caps and the filler necks that go inside of the tanks
I averaged 15mpg driving from Elizabeth, Colorado to Kansas City and back. 2000 National Convention..

prodro1

Well, got a lot done in the past few days. I finished cleaning the d/s fuel tank and got the engine started.. Such a relief. I only ran it for about 10 seconds. I have a few leaks I need to fix and then add coolant.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks