• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many more HUMVEES for sale on Gov Planet?

Sephirothq

I miss the gov liquidation days. The prices were lower and more were out per auction. There were less fees involved as well.

You had to do your homework but you got a much better price.

parklandtrans

I recently saw a post from an auction currently going on from GovLiquidators involving a scrap contract for some 20 million pounds of scrap to be Demilitarized....but the contents of the auction are perfectly good looking HHMWV's, Assortment of tracked vehicles, some very cool looking Amphib's type rigs and so on...also looks like MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF BRAND NEW PARTS TOO..!!! Why are these items not going thru the preliminary demil stage and THEN GOING TO AUCTION...???
Massive amount of $$$$ that the govt is not getting back..?..or better said not recouping our HARD EARNED TAX DOLLARS...?? Or am I totally off base...kinda reminds me of the Obama era program called "CASH FOR KLUNKERS"...totally murdered the secondary market for used vehicles and parts..sound familiar..??
Thoughts from my other SS brothers...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Bocephus

You could have posed your question on that thread, and it could have been updated.
Nahhhhh. I'll just start my own. Plus, I would have missed the opportunity to interact with such a charming feller like yourself! And lets be honest, that in itself is worth its own thread.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I guess I'll just keep merging your threads to where they should have been posted.

Warnings and infractions to follow...

Valiant

Well, it's 2018 now. Current auctions are only in GA(no batteries or belts) and CA. I still haven't seen any official statements since the 4,000 number. It's not like GovPlanet is liquidating a used car lot. These are military equipment being sold to the public with all the red tape that goes along with it.

It really doesn't matter how many AM General has produced since 1984. What matters is how many are they going to sell to the public. It's not like they're going to sell whatever they have left through GovPlanet. I'm sure thousands are destroyed already, will be scrapped, kept by the military, sold to other militaries...

The final number that is sold to the public and when that will be is going to have a great impact on their value down the road.

Skrilex

Banned
Well, I guess I'll just keep merging your threads to where they should have been posted.

Warnings and infractions to follow...
I don’t agree with this philosophy. It’s a discussion forum, let’s discuss. Re routing people to old, out dated, irrelevant threads where the answers are always “read the tm” is kinda useless. What’s the purpose of forcing consolidation?
many forums will force the opposite by locking threads over a certain age, which I also don’t agree with, but just saying....

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t agree with this philosophy. It’s a discussion forum, let’s discuss. Re routing people to old, out dated, irrelevant threads where the answers are always “read the tm” is kinda useless. What’s the purpose of forcing consolidation?
many forums will force the opposite by locking threads over a certain age, which I also don’t agree with, but just saying....
This is a privately owned forum and the owner chooses how it's run , the moderators run the forum as the owner wants , you are a guest here if you don't like the way the forum is run go to one of those other forums. Or you could start your own forum and run however you want ( this was tried and failed by a banned member with a M35A3 )

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's 2018 now. Current auctions are only in GA(no batteries or belts) and CA. I still haven't seen any official statements since the 4,000 number. It's not like GovPlanet is liquidating a used car lot. These are military equipment being sold to the public with all the red tape that goes along with it.

It really doesn't matter how many AM General has produced since 1984. What matters is how many are they going to sell to the public. It's not like they're going to sell whatever they have left through GovPlanet. I'm sure thousands are destroyed already, will be scrapped, kept by the military, sold to other militaries...

The final number that is sold to the public and when that will be is going to have a great impact on their value down the road.
There is anew guberment $m x many contract to throw AM general a bone to recapitalize hmmwv's. Posted on a different thread. If I read correctly, they are taking basic vehicles and refurbishing them & upgrading to armor. I read this as possibly slowing the flow as better trucks will be needed to be rebuilt. A rebuilt basic with bolt on armor kit is better than a soft skinned for reserves and guard units. YMMV

Kind of what happened to the hemtt platform and all are going back to Oshkosh.

Valiant

There is anew guberment $m x many contract to throw AM general a bone to recapitalize hmmwv's. Posted on a different thread. If I read correctly, they are taking basic vehicles and refurbishing them & upgrading to armor. I read this as possibly slowing the flow as better trucks will be needed to be rebuilt. A rebuilt basic with bolt on armor kit is better than a soft skinned for reserves and guard units. YMMV

Kind of what happened to the hemtt platform and all are going back to Oshkosh.
Have you seen any publications about it? There's usually statements, press releases, solicitations, award announcement by military... bragging or complaining by the vendor... when they make these plans. Especially when they want to sell to the public. I still see solicitations for HMMWV covers, special bolt on kits... But nothing about the public sales since the original 4,000 number.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Kind of like AM general trying to repurpose 5 ton FMTVs and put a 155mm cannon on the back of it. So they can repurpose in limited service life vehicles

Really limited when that cannon knocks it in the ground and blows all the tires

Action

Have you seen any publications about it? There's usually statements, press releases, solicitations, award announcement by military... bragging or complaining by the vendor... when they make these plans. Especially when they want to sell to the public. I still see solicitations for HMMWV covers, special bolt on kits... But nothing about the public sales since the original 4,000 number.
Are you talking about the hardtops and such being sold on GP? Those are fake.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks