Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Using my SEE for real work

Corporal
    Thanks

This is my version of the Auger attachment. Used it to set a new utility pole.IMG_20180329_171012647.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LZahariev For This Useful Post:

The FLU farm (04-11-2018)

Corporal
    Thanks

Clamp on forks work great.IMG_20180329_174316344.jpg

Corporal
    Thanks

and the assist with the backhoe......IMG_20180329_182542358_HDR.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LZahariev View Post
    This is my version of the Auger attachment. Used it to set a new utility pole.IMG_20180329_171012647.jpg
    Now That's Handy! no need to switch the bucket out either

Corporal
    Thanks

Not the biggest ditch, but considering Iím a cat controls guy and this is as right next to power and over the top of irrigation water, it saved a lot of hand work. The three stick foot swing stuff is weird.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsandpitons View Post
    Not the biggest ditch, but considering I’m a cat controls guy and this is as right next to power and over the top of irrigation water, it saved a lot of hand work. The three stick foot swing stuff is weird.
    So it's not just me then? I can switch between twin stick and the SEE with relative ease, although it usually results in a few "Ooops" in the beginning. Which is one reason I run the engine at low rpms.
    But the swing pedals, which are the most logical as far as left and right goes, I keep getting wrong on occasion.

I'm also painfully familiar with having power, ditches, and other nearby "obstructions". Yet another reason for low engine rpm.

Thanks

So I got off to an early start this year and the Mogs fired up with one prime from winter dormancy. Very excited about that. Only hiccup was a week later . When I went to restart Mog 1 (Battery on, key turned, throttle out and pushed starter), not so much as a click. I spent a while chasing various things down and actually found a burnt fuse I recollect was something to do with the starting process (Fusebox 1 Number 3 Starter Interlock). Changed that and NOTHING.

In my understanding of motivating people and machinery if something doesn't work you should push harder and say C'mon C'MON and shout encouraging age appropriate things. In this instance I think I pushed the clutch to hard and thereby misaligned the clutch switch that completes that starting process. Also based on the age of the equipment it was not a PG-13 choice of words. Either way until I slowed down and checked the switch to see it was not engaging I wasted about an hour or more. Luckily easy fix and solid lesson.

Unfortunately as time was a wasting I did not fully check the area of my intended project and instead gathered my stuff up for culvert workpipe 1.jpg
    drive down to the pondpipe 2.jpgpipe 3.jpgpipe 4.jpg
    started placing culverts for snow run offpipe 5.jpg
    realized I was sinking as I was working and started my tactical advance to the rearpipe 6.jpg Note how chewed up the ground is !!!! Long story short Mog 1 is not moving for a few weeks till the ground gets a bit dryer. I never noticed the ground had gotten soggy till It was a little too late. If I continue to mess around I will make a mess of the place sooooo just going to have to tap into my Never Ending supply of patience and wait a few weeks for less rain and the end of Mud Season. Also hindsight being blah, blah blah in one of the first pics I should have caught that even on a few parts of the path too the pond the tires were making tracks in mud. I did not properly read the omens and the Mud Gods of New England had their laughs. Cheers!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lurkMcGurk For This Useful Post:

Migginsbros (05-09-2018), The FLU farm (05-06-2018)

Thanks

Ah, yes, been there done that. And afterwards you'll be able to laugh about it.
    I didn't want to leave mine sitting, so after hours (?) of unsuccessful attempts to get the Summer SEE unstuck using the backhoe, I got the Winter See and pulled it out.
    It would be SO much easier to get unstuck if being able to both drive and operate the backhoe. Have pondered some sort of "sticks and strings" setup. Anyone have a sliding rear window for sale?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The FLU farm For This Useful Post:

lurkMcGurk (05-09-2018)

Thanks

Great minds think alike!!! I had an extra strap on the boom stick through the driver side window and gave it a few tugs while trying to drive forward. I figured maybe the "Hopping" motion of the front wheels from the leverage of the boom might free things up. Then I decided that waiting a few weeks would be the less creative but safer play. I honestly don't think it would have stuck normally but I angled in a spot where the hoe has nothing to grab or push. A little less rain and i'll be back in Business!!

oddly enough since I can control the loader from the hoe the vice versa didn't seem like all that crazy of an idea. Tha #$%! I can talk myself into is Epic.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lurkMcGurk For This Useful Post:

Migginsbros (05-09-2018), The FLU farm (05-09-2018)

Thanks

Don't feel bad about getting stuck, McGurk. I had to summon help to get the Winter SEE unstuck once. Like in your case, the hoe wouldn't grab anything. It was all ice.
    The second time it was mostly the lack of power in the swing cylinders that prevented a successful solo unstuck.

It'd be nice to be able to operate all the backhoe functions from the driver's seat, I think. That way I wouldn't be able to see the poor job I did until later.

EDIT: I forgot about my first stuck, when trying to cross a ditch the easy way.
    Pulled the rear axle over and across the freshly dug 24x24+" ditch with the backhoe, no problem. Then hopped in the cab, lowered the loader and went to drag the front end across, just like with a tractor or real backhoe.
    That's when I learned that the Winter SEE's loader has no down force/holding power. The loader seemed to come up quicker than the wheels fell into the ditch.
    Got out using the backhoe as a counterweight, extending it all the way to take load off the front axle. It worked, but barely.
    Last edited by The FLU farm; 05-09-2018 at 14:37.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast