• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner AC Main Unit Gen1 and Gen2 Details

Dave21

[FONT=&quot]Hi Overdrive,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I'm just finishing up the install on a Gen 2 AC kit built in 2009 . Thanks for the great information on your post it made the install a lot easier .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I'm wondering if you know how much Freon does the system take ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Thanks again for your grace post.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dave V[/FONT]

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
on a 06 A1R, where is the 24 v supply that the 2 wire plug goes to? that is the orange and black wires.
I have the evaporator coil from a MRAP which is rated 33,070 BTU, the gen 2 is just a little larger so I would assume at least that rating.
Thanks, Tom

Dave21

[FONT=&quot] If my memory serves me the two wires in the plug one is 24 volts and the other one is 12 volts . [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]( not switched power is on all the time ) on the lmtv Gen 2 air conditioner only uses the 24 volt wire . This seems to power the servos that regulates the Heat , air Direction servos, AC compressor clutch and condenser fan motors . The original truck wiring harness provides 12 volts for the evaporator fan and panel lights .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Hope this info helps! [/FONT]

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
thanks and please change your font to white, black is almost impossible to read.
Sorry that does not help, and that info is not correct anyway. The 2 pin plug is just 24 volt and ground. The 4 pin plug is 12 volt illumination and 24 volt for the blower and 2 ground wires. I need to know where in the PDP the 2 pin, orange and black gets the 24 volt for the compressor and condenser.
I would have almost thought the A1R would already have a connector since it is the only model meant for A/C.
Tom

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks