• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Secondary Fuel Filter O-Ring

JDToumanian

I'm looking for the small square section o-rings that are under the bolt/washer that hold the secondary fuel filter canisters to the housing. They are not included with the (aftermarket) filters, and in all the threads discussing filter replacement I was surprised to find no mention of it. Mine are chewed up... I reused them last time, now they require replacement.

I bought a selection of o-rings from Napa, none are right. Either too big or too small. McMaster-Carr has square section o-rings but none of them seem to be quite right either. What are you guys using?

Regards,
Jon

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm..I never had to replace mine...
If you have the MS number for it, you should be able to look up the spec.

Checked the ones on my spare engine and they are chewed up also.

jwaller

if cat doesnt have them I'd contact the dealers. mine were fine when I did my filters so I left the old ones in there.

JDToumanian

I see Saturn has original military filter kits listed... That may be the way to go if there isn't an easy source for the o-ring only.

Bjorn - That o-ring doesn't have an NSN number, only a part number - 10935481 which is part of filter kit 5702776. How would I look up the spec for the o-ring? I Googled the part numbers but didn't find specs. I don't have an ORD-9 book, if that's where the specs would be...

Jon

bottleworks

JDToumanian said:
I see Saturn has original military filter kits listed... That may be the way to go if there isn't an easy source for the o-ring only.

IIRC, I believe the filters that Saturn sells are the NAPA filters. Apparently, Saturn sells the NAPA filters to the govt. So, the NAPA filters become "OEM".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks