• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf97 6 weeks so far GOVplanet

tkdtim

Just got the email notification yesterday that its being fedex overnight. Should be here Monday. That's less than 4 weeks (9/13) between EUC clearing and SF97 form coming. Thanks!

Jakob1944

A new update today. The Sf97 was incorrectly filed? Should be 2-3 weeks So We are possibly up to 11 weeks...... Tomorrow is 8 weeks. Buyer beware GOVPLANET!! They can make you wait as long as they want and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it.
I'm not going to bid on anything else until my other paper work and vehicle is on my property......All I want is a Humvee to drive around as a personal vehicle.....you fellows can have the rest of em.....

I lied......I just bid on 2 trailers......

Last edited:

drivebymashing

I just bought a yamaha rhino listed as not running the engine was in pieces on GOVplanet. Ok no problem!! There was also a hole in the fuel tank, radiator and master cylinder!!! This was intentional !!Another 200 plus dollars I wasnt expecting.....

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a truck that I've been waiting over a year for a title. Truck was purchased 7 October 2015.

GP issued one, and sent it to the wrong place - not the address I listed on the paper title request form I filled out. When I called customer service to find out where it was (multiple multiple calls on this topic) they offered to replace it only if I'd pay them another $150. I called jwade. Jwade is helpful as always, but he can't do it all himself and apparently isn't getting any support.

As of a week ago, there was supposed to be a title headed my way. I have not received it.

I'm done. I'm just done. Between begging for paperwork, items not where they're supposed to be, items not as described, and refunds taking forever to process I'm just done.

If I can just get what's owed me (refunds and paperwork), I will never trouble them again....

Edit to add - documents received today. SF97, not title. Title was requested. Somewhere out there is a Florida title with this truck's info on it (or so I've been told).

Last edited:

drivebymashing

Wow poor guy I thought I was the only one who got screwed. After a year I would of driven to the main office and showed my rear end. Hear a sf97 takes about 2 weeks to turn into a title. My rhino also has a bad starter solenoid. Im up in the trillions of dollars spent..... I love sitting in it and pretending its running making engine noises I also prented it has a whistler turbo.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Just to put a few things into perspective a team of 2 people have processed over 7000 titling documents so far this year. Every single one of those typically requires us to sign at least twice so thats 14000 signatures and a lot of just mind numbing paperwork. Mistakes are going to be made, our system limits our tracking abilities after original documents are sent. No excuses but our error rate is less than 2% but when they do happen it gets very difficult to manage them and they turn into a nightmare.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to put a few things into perspective a team of 2 people have processed over 7000 titling documents so far this year. Every single one of those typically requires us to sign at least twice so thats 14000 signatures and a lot of just mind numbing paperwork. Mistakes are going to be made, our system limits our tracking abilities after original documents are sent. No excuses but our error rate is less than 2% but when they do happen it gets very difficult to manage them and they turn into a nightmare.
I'm over represented in that 2%. I'm seeing errors around 20% on my interactions.

Jwade, you've fixed them all. Your personal integrity and competence aren't in question. I'd have bailed out many purchases ago if it wasn't for your interventions. The thing is, it looks like you aren't getting any support or follow through....

Any idea on a timeframe for the refund on the trailer listed at the wrong site?

Thanks

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I'm over represented in that 2%. I'm seeing errors around 20% on my interactions.

Jwade, you've fixed them all. Your personal integrity and competence aren't in question. I'd have bailed out many purchases ago if it wasn't for your interventions. The thing is, it looks like you aren't getting any support or follow through....

Any idea on a timeframe for the refund on the trailer listed at the wrong site?

Thanks
I'll check on it.

SF97 Wait times... Post them!

So I am awaiting my Sf97. My EUC cleared in record time at approx 2 months of waiting from submission to approval.

EUC cleared on 10/25/16. I paid for a SF97 at the time of sale of the MV.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
IronPlanet (Las Vegas) told me it's because the Department of Defense does not have any blank forms. I might try ti register again saying its homemade.

If you need a title we can get you one very easy and it is a 100% legal TN title for road use. No SF97 needed. We send you paperwork. You get it LEO verified and we submit it.

RockHillWill

I'm in South Carolina and have been told the same story regarding getting the title for a recent M1102 trailer purchase, and I am at 3 months for the Humvee title (pick up permission)

Mike of Bonsall

Seems there is a basis for a fraud action against IronPlanet and /or DoD.

HOWEVER my DMV says that as I have paid sales tax (via Iron Planet) and have started the registration process by having the inspection done I "should" be OK to use on highway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks