• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting a title for a m923

maddeuce360

Im looking at buying a m923a2 from a sheriffs department. they state they have no title for the truck. Can i still get one or am i out of luck ?thank you

jerry v

get bill of sale, take b.o.s . to d.m.v. should be able to apply for title . could get historic plate, where it is affordable ,read the law pertaining to state law. 2cents

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A bill of sale and a notarized proof of ownership showing that the sherrifs office had no title to it and that you now own it. They can also do the Vin Inspection to ensure it is the correct vehicle.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes these former military assets when no longer being used by the agency that acquired them have to be returned to the GSA for them to dispose, scrap, or sell.

Bottom line is that sometimes an asset belongs to Uncle sugar no matter who they let "borrow" it.

Paint504

I know this is an old thread but this may help someone. I recently bought a m923 without a title from a farmer who obviously didn't want to pay sales taxes on a vehicle he is only going to use on the farm. Anyways I tried taking the BOS, and the sf97 form (wasn't in my name) to the DMV in hopes to get a tile with no luck. My solution was calling a titling company. it took them a month but I was in no rush and well beggars can't be choosers. Hope this helps someone desperately trying to get their MV title.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever you do, DO NOT attempt to title the vehicle in Florida as a Former Military Vehicle (FMV) if you want to be able to drive it. Just apply for title as a conventional truck based on GVWR. Don't even mention it's a military vehicle unless they ask you.

Trust me. I just went through the registration / tagging process here and it was a nightmare because the local tag office here was clueless about a military vehicle. I called the DMV in Tallahassee and they were clueless as well, and told me I couldn't get a regular tag for my M925A2. But, after about 4 days of educating them, they issued the tag.

Russ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks