• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adelmans Trucks in Canton, OH (Pics added!!)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While you're in the area you should drop by Sam Winer Motors in Akron OH. Not far away and they've got acres of stuff too.

Armada

Bone yard soliciting update: Pappa-G, myself and another brother left Mich. @ o-dark-thirty last Friday the 29th. First stop was Sam Winer's in Akron. Nice people, got a new drive shaft for the winch from them. Wandered around their yard for awhile. Almost lost a leg to the gaurd dog laying in wait :freaked: . I would say all of the military 'stuff' they had, had been there a loooooong time. Simply put, their junk was junk. However, if one needs tires and rims, they have piles.
Next stop, Adelmans just down the road in Canton. Now when they say they have acres of trucks and parts, they mean it. :yeah: Granted, they're not all military, but there are many of them. I went specifically for a winch. $275 for a duece 10,000 lb'er. That's like a sore peter, you can't beat it [^] We followed Brian the sales guy with our truck and trailer way into the back of the lot. We stopped in an area that had dozens and dozens of pulled engines, transmissions, and trans cases, set up under awnings. It was heaven.

We walked to an area that had 6 cargo beds and about 5 or 6 huge wire shipping containers FULL of duece winches! [thumbzup] Brian left us there and we proceeded to go through them. Most were decent, some were not. I ended up with a nice one that had an '89 rebuild tag on it. Inside of it was nice, clean oil, no water or condensation. It had a full spool of non-rusted cable, a clevis, chain and hook.

Next we went to the junk trucks and pulled some miscellanious pieces off of them. It was a good day. They are a first class operation. If you go, talk to Brian, he'll take care of ya.

Wish they were closer as I'd visit them more often.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been spying those winches for a long time. You could probably find one worth thie asking price in just the cable, chain and clevis. Armada, did they have any 5 ton winches? Did you happen to see any pipeline trucks? Dang it, I'm going to have to plan a trip up.

Armada

Ken, I saw about a dozen 5T winches. There may have been more. Those go for $375. They had some other winches that would probably lift an ocean liner! I didn't notice any pipeline trucks. They have a couple long rows of 2 1/2T and 5T trucks that we couldn't take parts off of yet. I think they're waiting to clean out their current parts trucks. They are pretty picked over.
I took pictures, but need to develope the film first then scan. I'll post them.

I also noticed some nice gov. rebuilt transfer cases on pallets inside of the building. Didn't ask what they were going for.

Wish I knew of some military scrap yards here in Michigan!

jasonjc

Hi I just got one of those 10K whinches from them today fast shipping ordered it last thursday. they shipped it friday i got it tuesday.

the whinch isn't too bad looking no chain or clevis. It was taken off with a blue tip whench.but for $275 not bad wish it was closer I'd get another one.

jason

Armada

Yeah, there are so many there, some with chains, some without. Some with bent brackets and/or handles. It's always better to pick out in person. They had a pallet of loose chains there, you might want to call them and tell them they forgot to send the chain with it. Definitely check the guts for moisture as some looked to have been setting there a long time. Good luck!

Armada

Not yet Bjorn. They are still in my camera. The digital had dead batteries so I had to use the conventional camera. When I finish the roll I'll get them developed, scanned, and put on cd. Should be soon. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks