• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV, LMTV, M1078 Civilian Truck-lite LED Headlight Install

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using the civilian Truck-lite LED Headlight. It also allows for any other civilian headlight to work.
IMG_6226.jpgIMG_6227.jpg
Modified an H-4 harness by soldering some military connectors onto it.
Version 2.jpgFirst heat the connector and fill with solder.
IMG_6222.jpgThen while the solder is still fluid insert stripped wire into connector until its solidified.
IMG_6223.jpgIMG_6224.jpgDon't forget to put the rubber boots on before you solder it.
IMG_6225.jpgIMG_6228.jpgIMG_6229.jpg
If you can't read the label... 17 top left is High Beam, 18 is top right low beam and 91 is the bottom Ground.
IMG_6230.jpgIMG_6231.jpgLights on High Beam and no Flickering without using the anti flicker modules.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have used these in several trucks with good results, they have a better light pattern than the first gen led bulbs. They are 12-24 multivolt and I havent had any flicker issues. Some euro cars run a small voltage thru all the lights on startup to check for bad bulbs, not enough to light and incandescent bulb but its enough to flicker leds. Never seen this on military trucks though.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck-lite makes them for the military. If you look at truck-lite web site and go to the military lights section you'll find them. I like them because of the black reflectors.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the flicker issues are problems that appear on pre-factory LED Chrysler vehicles. The power supplied to the headlights was pulsed at a rate faster than the incandescent lights would be affected by. LED lights react so much faster, so they would turn on and off instead of just staying on with pulsed power. I don't think you see flickering problems with LED headlights on older vehicles for the most part.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I usually order them from Eriks surplus and crimp them on. I have short 4 wire extensions that have male one end and female on the other you can cut and crimp them to the headlights wire.

bigfishtoys

Every other light on my HET is LED already. Only the headlights need be swapped with LED bulbs, bought them, and can't get them to work. Looking for thoughts on why i'm having an issue with LED headlights working on my HET. The bulb headlights work fine, high and low beam. When i install an LED headlight, neither the high or low beams work. So i put the LED headlights into my HUMVEEs and they work perfectly fine there for both high and low beam. Wondering why those LED headlights work on any truck EXCEPT my HET? I can only get bulb headlights to work on my HET.
Second issue with the LED headlights is, even if they did work on my HET, the protective bars won't squeeze in to close all the way since the LED headlight bulb sicks out too far. What LED headlight bulb part number does the military use in their HETs? I'll try to find that part number to buy a set of those LED headlights instead. thanks!
20170813_175014.jpg20170830_101209.jpg20170813_180406.jpg20170830_095658.jpg20170830_100137.jpg

Shark Bait

Every other light on my HET is LED already. Only the headlights need be swapped with LED bulbs, bought them, and can't get them to work. Looking for thoughts on why i'm having an issue with LED headlights working on my HET. The bulb headlights work fine, high and low beam. When i install an LED headlight, neither the high or low beams work. So i put the LED headlights into my HUMVEEs and they work perfectly fine there for both high and low beam. Wondering why those LED headlights work on any truck EXCEPT my HET? I can only get bulb headlights to work on my HET.
Second issue with the LED headlights is, even if they did work on my HET, the protective bars won't squeeze in to close all the way since the LED headlight bulb sicks out too far. What LED headlight bulb part number does the military use in their HETs? I'll try to find that part number to buy a set of those LED headlights instead. thanks!
View attachment 698160View attachment 698159View attachment 698161View attachment 698162View attachment 698163
I made complete new mounts with new bars for mine to clear.

Dave

bigfishtoys

I made complete new mounts with new bars for mine to clear.Dave
that solves the bar issue. thanks. Did you have any issues with getting your LEDs to work? My LEDs are trucklite also, but won't work on the HET, they only work on my humvee. Is there some sort of adjustment i need to make on the HET to have the LED headlights to work? Is that why the Army had all LEDs EXCEPT the headlights?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 698160View attachment 698159View attachment 698161View attachment 698162View attachment 698163
That version of the Truck-lite headlights is voltage specific, either 12v or 24v. They are not multi-volt like the newer ones. The voltage for the headlight is on the back painted in yellow. What do the HETs run for voltage to the lights?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks