• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV, LMTV, M1078 Civilian Truck-lite LED Headlight Install

bigfishtoys

yes, the back of my LED headlight shows "24 volt only" painted in yellow. So if Shark Bait is correct that HET headlights are 12 volt, then i need an LED headlight that is, or works with 12volt. Mine is part #07370. I wonder what part # i should be looking for? I think we found the problem.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look on eBay
There were both 12v only and 24v only sets on there last time I looked.
Should be able to get part number off that.

Every light are Truck-Lite LEDs on my M925A2 and headlights on my CUCVs.
They make the best!

spankybear

I would recommend that you crimp the connector instead of soldiering it. There is a good chance the wire will break if soldiered and you won't see it. I work with MS connectors on a daily bases and have seen many broken solder connections in connectors. I have not seen broken wire with a crimped connection.

NV555

Wow those are a great option.

I have some of the MRAP 24v 7 inch headlights that I could use in my HMMWV. I think I will use those connectors next time I need a headlight.

deshet

Great write up
The Halogen Lights that came out of my LMTV were 12v
I replaced them with LED lights that are advertised for HUMVEE and Jeeps
They are made to directly fit a Jeep Wrangler
These LED lights are rated for 10v-30v
The light is at 300% brighter for under $100.00 check fleabay and az prime
I chose the led lights with 3 horizontal rows of led lights (13 led lights with High Beam on)
I did not like the light pattern of the led lights with the vertical lights in the middle

You may need longer bolts for you lights housing.It was more difficult to get the light housing ring back in place then anything else

HMMWV Humvee M998 LED Lights Headlights Plug and Play

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You get what you pay for.
Many different noname/cheap brand lights are advertised for jeeps and such.
Good Quality LED headlights cost a lot more than $100.

Yes there is a difference.
Quality, reliability, beam pattern, longevity, light color, materials and so on.

One can save money on other things, but headlights aren’t something to skimp on.

Green Mountain Boys

Has anyone used these in a cold/snowy environment? Do they generate enough heat to keep clear? As I write this it is about 0F and snowing sideways. Just wondering when cold... is too cold for these.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone used these in a cold/snowy environment? Do they generate enough heat to keep clear? As I write this it is about 0F and snowing sideways. Just wondering when cold... is too cold for these.
I’ve used mine down to -6 and no issues.
Some snow, but we don’t get much snow down here anymore.

Have read some guys have had issues and most do not.
Depends on that particular snowfall.
TruckLite does make several styles with heated lenses.

I’ve been in snow that sticks like glue and have had to stop and wipe headlights off. Regular halogen bulbs were installed at the time.
Have not been in any heavy snowfall with the LEDs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks