• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP survey

Gunzy

I received an e-mail to take a survey for GP. If any of you do I seriously recommend you take it, especially if you have had problems. If they take their surveys seriously and we all take them and point out the short falls and problems maybe, just maybe they will strive to actually do something about it. My main issue with them, as I see many of you have the same issue is getting SF97s/titles/Bill of Sales in a reasonable time. Also the $5k CC limit and not an easy online CC payment method is a pain in the backside. I didn't see these issues with GL when they were selling the rolling stock. And lastly, the fact that they collect sales tax on an out of state purchases. So I say take the survey and let them know.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I did one for them about a year ago and 2 weeks ago got this via UPS with a card thanking me for taking the time to do it.
000_0332.jpg
If I take it and I $1.10 to Macky D's I can get an iced tea!

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The DLA sent me a customer satisfaction survey after my attempts last week to just verify that I am somewhere in the list to process. All I was told is to "wait", nothing more or less except that we could care less and will not verify anything.

I wanted to fill out the survey badly but I caught my breath and will only do so after I get my property home. Then there will be a frank assessment of customer satisfaction and systems management.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
The DLA sent me a customer satisfaction survey after my attempts last week to just verify that I am somewhere in the list to process. All I was told is to "wait", nothing more or less except that we could care less and will not verify anything.

I wanted to fill out the survey badly but I caught my breath and will only do so after I get my property home. Then there will be a frank assessment of customer satisfaction and systems management.
What does your status show on the site? The reason I ask is when it moves to Submitted to TSC, pending approval your on the list. The only time I would call or be concerned is if the status is not that and you sent it in more than a week prior?

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received an e-mail to take a survey for GP. If any of you do I seriously recommend you take it, especially if you have had problems. If they take their surveys seriously and we all take them and point out the short falls and problems maybe, just maybe they will strive to actually do something about it. My main issue with them, as I see many of you have the same issue is getting SF97s/titles/Bill of Sales in a reasonable time. Also the $5k CC limit and not an easy online CC payment method is a pain in the backside. I didn't see these issues with GL when they were selling the rolling stock. And lastly, the fact that they collect sales tax on an out of state purchases. So I say take the survey and let them know.
GL always charged sales tax, in state or out, at least in California, any company that maintains a brick and mortar business has to collect tax on items sold. Maybe it's a state thing.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL always charged sales tax, in state or out, at least in California, any company that maintains a brick and mortar business has to collect tax on items sold. Maybe it's a state thing.
I also paid sales tax on every item I purchased from GL in many different states.

FloridaAKM

I have also paid sales tax on everything I purchased thru GL or GP on every auction or buy it now stuff (1) in many states. When you bring it home & have to register it, they want their taxes too!

99nouns

For the record if you guys want a GP hat I can get you GP hats!
Free?

I would like it if it was camo or green with Gov Planet logo, I could rock it while driving my truck and when people ask me where I got it, I can just point to the hat :)

But I dont like the ones MVMULES got looks like a billboard on your head, I like the ones more fits like a cap but can be adjustable.

Like this
320.jpg
Maybe have the website printed on the side, even a slogan on the other side...

Last edited:

Gunzy

OK, what I am talking about is taxes on vehicles. Example: I live in Utah and am a resident, I go to Wyoming and buy a car/truck/semi. I do not pay sales tax on that vehicle in Wyoming because I am NOT a resident. Now when I get back to Utah and go to register the vehicle I now have to pay the sales tax on the purchase price of the vehicle. That is how it has worked for me before. The problem in paying sales taxes when you are not a resident is then you go the register it in your state of residence and may now have to pay sales tax again. This can amount to thousands of dollars that the buyer just got screwed out of. Non vehicle purchases don't matter much as they do not need to be registered and taxed. I am talking about vehicles that require licensing. When I was in the military, when I bought a vehicle in a state I was not a resident of I also did not pay sales taxes. So why is it that a non-resident who wins a bid on a truck in Oklahoma now has to pay the sales tax there THEN pay again when they get into their state of residence and have to pay again at registration?

goldneagle

OK, what I am talking about is taxes on vehicles. Example: I live in Utah and am a resident, I go to Wyoming and buy a car/truck/semi. I do not pay sales tax on that vehicle in Wyoming because I am NOT a resident. Now when I get back to Utah and go to register the vehicle I now have to pay the sales tax on the purchase price of the vehicle. That is how it has worked for me before. The problem in paying sales taxes when you are not a resident is then you go the register it in your state of residence and may now have to pay sales tax again. This can amount to thousands of dollars that the buyer just got screwed out of. Non vehicle purchases don't matter much as they do not need to be registered and taxed. I am talking about vehicles that require licensing. When I was in the military, when I bought a vehicle in a state I was not a resident of I also did not pay sales taxes. So why is it that a non-resident who wins a bid on a truck in Oklahoma now has to pay the sales tax there THEN pay again when they get into their state of residence and have to pay again at registration?
OK how about the same scenario (purchased and picked up out of state) But instead of registering you decide to part it out. If you didn't pay sales tax in WY then you have tax evasion. (unless you collect sales tax from customers if you are a business) We have many members here that buy trucks for parting out. I am sure this site is not condoning tax evasion.

From past experience I know some states have reciprocating agreements about crediting customers sales tax that was paid in another state.

I had this issue come up when i purchased trucks in MS and titled them in LA. I got credit for sales tax paid to MS. I had to prove it for the credit. I found the proper proof in the GL Paid in Full invoice. I even got refunds from LA DMV for 3 vehicles I titled and paid full sales tax in LA once I submitted the Invoice from GL to prove I paid the tax in MS. I was so surprised I actually go a refund after the fact.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
The post above is absolutely dead on, If you don't register the vehicle and we didn't charge tax we would be on the hook. If you provide us with proof that you paid we will refund.

kevin101

I wouldn't expect GP to know all the state laws but in NY I'm supposed to claim any out of state purchases on my state income taxes so that they can charge me the appropriate tax. If I fail to do that it's on me, not GP. This goes for any purchase.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks