• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Early Deuce Artillary Piece

badgmc56

I would like to know the artillary piece that would have been towed behind the 50's GMC model deuces. Have seen pictures of them in Korea but don't know the model or caliber.Also are any still avallable and at what price.Does anyone have that info? Nothing badder than a deuce towing a big gun!

kc8sfq

I'd have to look at my records to confirm this, but as I recall, they were 105s.

That's my recollection too. I was in 8" towed, and later SP's so 105's were the little guns to us. The 8" towed had a 10 man crew, and it took all of us to split the trails. My experience was all stateside with those. They wouldn't let us shoot the spades in, we had to dig them in by hand to set the gun. As an e-1.... guess what MY job was.

men_of_war

Banned
there were a few 155mm guns also from that era.one of the more pop. was the m114 not to be confused with the apc.

kcimb

Re: RE: Early Deuce Artillary Piece

badgmc56 said:
Thanks guys for the input. Any non functional 105's out there for sale either restored or for restoration?

David Uhrig/Armyjeeps.net has a british 105 airborne gun for sale.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Early Deuce Artillary Piece

I wish I had taken picture of the 105 howitzers the ROC Army towed with their M35 ROK specials They are the same gun we used in Korean war units

Shieldwolf37

M101A1 105mm Howitzer. We were still using them in the Battery into the 1980's. I started out on the gun line before moving to FDC and as I recall the gun in our section was dated 1942.
There are a # of these pieces (demilled) for sale overseas but are not importable to Us except as scrap. I've been trying to find one for static display but no luck. I can get WW2 German arty from former soviet union and even russian stuff but no lend lease goodies. Hope that helps.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The larger artillery pieces such as 155s had to be hauled behind 5-ton trucks. The deuces could do it, but really only on level ground. The larger 175mm, 203mm/8 inch pieces were designed to be towed behind the Mack M125 10-ton cargo, but those towed monsters were effectively replaced in the 1960s with self-propelled arty, namely the M107 and M110 howitzers.

men_of_war

Banned

in the dec.2007 issue mv mag. there is a pack 75 $15,500.00 demiled? kind of alot for demiled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks