• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why earthlink and mindspring email accounts aren't allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've had a number of people ask me why their email is banned. Well, their exact email isn't banned, just the mindspring/earthlink domains. Yes, I know this seems drastic, but Earthlink/Mindspring's "filtering" system is very simple/brute in nature. When trying to email you back, often times a autoreply with a link is sent back. From that link you're supposed to fill out this form and submit it. Well, there's a big problem with that, the server can't reply to emails, let alone fill out this form. Also since it would bounce back to the server, I can't actually "answer it's mail". I tried pleading with earthlink/mindspring to have @steelsoldiers.com whitelisted, they will not. So instead of getting trapped in this purgatory, I've blacklisted the domains here. Honestly I don't like it, but when a service provider is so unwilling to even hear it out, I'm forced to make a change like that.

If you've registered with one of these emails, and never gotten the reply, best answer I can give is use a second email account. I'm sorry for any inconvenience earthlink/mindspring has caused.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks