• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC denied......?

Gear Report

I've wondered that as well. Never heard of anyone being denied, which makes me wonder what the value of the process is to begin with.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one returned for making corrections. but never a denial. But really, you would have to admit to reselling the vehicle to Bin Laden in order to be refused.

Rick

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've wondered that as well. Never heard of anyone being denied, which makes me wonder what the value of the process is to begin with.
I consider the process to be a paper trail that our government can use, to trace the asset via reliable sources (us citizens!).

Rick

AMC

The EUC serves a few purposes. First, it allows the USG to conduct due diligence on the buyer and their business. It allows the USG to ensure no parties involved in the transaction are on any ITAR Debarred lists, Denied Persons Lists by BIS, specially designated individuals/ nationals by OFAC or on any terror watch lists. Second, it creates a paper trail that allows the USG to track this HMMWV in case something is suspicious. A lot of times TSC wont have the grounds to deny someone, but something in the individuals background doesn't feel right. In this case, TSC sends out a field agent after approval to follow up on the controlled item and make sure you are doing what you said you would be doing with it in the EUC. Third, it also creates a paper trail that would hang you if you ever screwed up and violated any export regulations.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
i delivered a HMMWV to someone who only had a work visa to be in the US and he filled an EUC out and had no issues. Was strange.

Gear Report

And if we were talking about something dangerous, then I might agree.
But usually, it is for something completely ridiculous... like a truck.
Not a truck decked out in armor and machine guns. Just a truck with no "goodies" on it.
Or a transfer case of the same make and model that anyone can go to AutoZone and buy.
How the heck does one justify needing a paper trail or ANY sort of due diligence on items like this?

The EUC serves a few purposes. First, it allows the USG to conduct due diligence on the buyer and their business. It allows the USG to ensure no parties involved in the transaction are on any ITAR Debarred lists, Denied Persons Lists by BIS, specially designated individuals/ nationals by OFAC or on any terror watch lists. Second, it creates a paper trail that allows the USG to track this HMMWV in case something is suspicious. A lot of times TSC wont have the grounds to deny someone, but something in the individuals background doesn't feel right. In this case, TSC sends out a field agent after approval to follow up on the controlled item and make sure you are doing what you said you would be doing with it in the EUC. Third, it also creates a paper trail that would hang you if you ever screwed up and violated any export regulations.

aleigh

And if we were talking about something dangerous, then I might agree.
But usually, it is for something completely ridiculous... like a truck.
Not a truck decked out in armor and machine guns. Just a truck with no "goodies" on it.
Or a transfer case of the same make and model that anyone can go to AutoZone and buy.
How the heck does one justify needing a paper trail or ANY sort of due diligence on items like this?
You take the truck someplace else and use it to impersonate US forces. Sort of like owning a cop car with all the lights and logos. It's a self-evident problem.

Gear Report

If that were true then they would require that we at least paint them so they don't look like they are still military vehicles. I have seen nothing in the documents or requirements that even suggests this is a concern.
You take the truck someplace else and use it to impersonate US forces. Sort of like owning a cop car with all the lights and logos. It's a self-evident problem.

aleigh

If that were true then they would require that we at least paint them so they don't look like they are still military vehicles. I have seen nothing in the documents or requirements that even suggests this is a concern.
Well, I think the EUC and ITAR gets you to basically the same place, since they have the paper trail and laws there to prevent you from exporting it to a conflict region.

AMC

Anything that falls under ITAR or the Commerce Control List requires an EUC. Generally, most surplus items are CCLI because they are Dual Use Goods. Meaning they can be used for civilian or military use. The issue is that the transfer case could be exported to Iraq and used on a broken down HMMWV that ISIS has acquired, if they get the transfer case the HMMWV is now operational. The USG is trying to prevent the acquisition of good that could support a foreign enemy, they don't always have to be dangerous in and of itself. DoD/ DLA doesnt label what needs an EUC and what does not randomly, its based off of what State and Commerce has identified as controlled items.

Gear Report

Yep. Since ITAR covers sale to prohibited folks, as does the purchase agreement, and the purchase paperwork leaves a paper trail, it appears to me that the EUC really has no value.
Especially for commodity items that are available on the civilian market... like the transfer case I mentioned earlier.
Well, I think the EUC and ITAR gets you to basically the same place, since they have the paper trail and laws there to prevent you from exporting it to a conflict region.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a thread or 2 from 8 or nine years ago during the big deuce sell-off that somebody stated about being denied for a EUC , search is your friend .

Gear Report

Common sense is my friend. I've yet to see any reason why commodity items and stripped trucks require background checks.

There is a thread or 2 from 8 or nine years ago during the big deuce sell-off that somebody stated about being denied for a EUC , search is your friend .

DeadParrot

EUCs seem fairly random in being required. M101A1 off a local guard base required one, M1101 from Ft Sill didn't. An auction lot of AC evaporator coils + fans for Hummers did. None of the other lots of surplus I have purchased needed one. Had some issues with getting the first one filled out correctly but once filled out properly, it went right through. No problems with the 2nd one.

Keith_J

My M 1031 required one as it is an EOD variant with special communication racks. So it touched controlled equipment. Now if it held a weapon system, it would require demil. Like a ring mount, tripod or bayonet.

Regs are written in blood.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody remember the canoes that sold a few years ago that required a EUC?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks