• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easter find M1008 2015

cucvrus

Where are the pictures of Easter Find in the parade? Not sure why this one never upgraded. It shows 6/29/2018 as the last post/reply. Have a Great July 4th. Remember the true meaning.

dougco1

Where are the pictures of Easter Find in the parade? Not sure why this one never upgraded. It shows 6/29/2018 as the last post/reply. Have a Great July 4th. Remember the true meaning.
Didn't make the parade this year. The WWII vet I give a ride to was unfortunately placed in a nursing home and unable to participate. As far as upgrades, all I have done so far is some stenciling. Easter Find is so close to original stock I'm debating adding anything. "Just thinking" I have a new MX 6707 base and matching antenna, I just need the mount and brush guard. But Its not a radio truck and that also means drilling holes in the side of that beautiful truck:neutral: again "just thinking".

I know your going through special phase in your life; your CUCVless now and I know you miss her, so I'll take some photos after I give her a bath.

dougco1

Didn't make the parade this year. The WWII vet I give a ride to was unfortunately placed in a nursing home and unable to participate. As far as upgrades, all I have done so far is some stenciling. Easter Find is so close to original stock I'm debating adding anything. "Just thinking" I have a new MX 6707 base and matching antenna, I just need the mount and brush guard. But Its not a radio truck and that also means drilling holes in the side of that beautiful truck:neutral: again "just thinking".

I know your going through special phase in your life; your CUCVless now and I know you miss her, so I'll take some photos after I give her a bath.
I noticed Easter find seemed a little lonely and disappointed she wasn't in the parade so I brought her a new friend to spend some quality time together.IMG_2137.jpgIMG_2139.jpg

She is so happy now that she decided to start her own paradeIMG_2145.jpgIMG_2144.jpg

Rick, I hope this takes some loneliness away makes you feel a tad bit happier.

cucvrus

:-DI'm never lonely. I have them things all around me now. 2 doors down, 2 miles north, 3 miles south, And now that my Crown of Thorns is gone. I was left with my Silverado and was out cutting wood from a log jam at the bridge down the road. Just a bit scarier going into the water to get the wood. With the Crown of Thorns I never looked I just backed in with the trailer and worked off the roof or the trailer. Not going to do that. The M1028 is still loaded with scrap from a road trip last week. Thanks for posting. Take care. Bring Easter Find out to Ohio for Trucks Gone Wild.:-D

dougco1

Hey my 08 is from the same unit!
Easter Find started her service there in New Mexico, so I thought It was only fitting to have her wear her original unit ID.

And Rick your right, no fire wood or logging. Maybe a nice load of milled lumber once in a while.

Last edited:

dougco1

I wanted to use my NOS set or delineators and mount them on Easter Find to match my 1009 and my 101-A2 but they won't work. The tailgate on the trucks are designed differently from the Blazers and has a deep angle recess on the ends.
IMG_2148.jpg So I got a little creative "after a few beers" and come up with my own delineator "customized designed" to fit. IMG_2158.jpg
I even tried a few different color combinations but I think I will stick with the orange & red combo IMG_2151.jpg IMG_2149.jpg
IMG_2162.jpg IMG_2157.jpgThe red on orange just looks "richer" with the 3 color camo. Besides, the white stars are also reflective and I don't want it to look to busy back there.

So, unless somebody chimes-in and talks me out of it "before tomorrow", I think its time to pull the backing off and permanently stick them in place.

I know I know, this is sacrilege and is not original to the truck, some will even say the value is going to drop like a rock. So be it, I wasn't planing on selling it for at least another 32 years.

fitz

Dougco1,
I know Easter Find is now your truck, but i would check with Cucvrus before starting the modifications.
Myself, I think the delineators look geat. I say go for it.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Watch out using magnets on your vehicles. It will cause rust. I seen it happen. (Wild Guess) It pulls steel particles out of the air and rubs thru the finish someway. I am not a metal professor but I seen it many times on vehicles. And flat paint is the worst to keep from rusting. Have a Great Day. I am NOT offended in any way about the mods Dougco1 has done. It is his truck. Have at it.

m35a22ton

Watch out using magnets on your vehicles. It will cause rust. I seen it happen. (Wild Guess) It pulls steel particles out of the air and rubs thru the finish someway. I am not a metal professor but I seen it many times on vehicles. And flat paint is the worst to keep from rusting. Have a Great Day. I am NOT offended in any way about the mods Dougco1 has done. It is his truck. Have at it.
The company names on our work trucks were magnets, 2007-2015-2018 all three had rust under magnets! I though it picked up metal on the magnets and rubbed thru paint

cucvrus

I am getting messages all the time about a frame up restoration of a CUCV. They ask if I ever done a complete restoration. My restoration is not 100% complete but I done and do what I can in the barn I work out of. So here you go have a look and see if any of the pictures and information is helpful. Like all my restorations I am looking for the finished unit to look factory without antenna brackets or any other body panel holes. Take Care. And as always positive and Negative feedback is always welcome. Take Care.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks