• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP bumpers....who's using one?

ScubaCat

Swamp Donkey has one, a few others IIRC...Anyone else? Pics? I want to see what you've done for some inspirational design can rub off on me...

Anyone have a MAXXPRO MRAP bumper they want to sell or know who does?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The bumper is rg31. The light is a vss3 xenon arc. 70s vintage used on tanks for lighting up a target at 5 miles. Can do white light or IR.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here you go Scuba...an MRAP bumper guide.

Let's start with the Maxxpro. Here's a side shot to show why I don't like this one. It's just stamped steel so basically a bumper. They tow eyes are bolted to the frame and won't come with the bumper. Same construction as most MV factory bumpers. I've only seen a couple of these for sale. You'll just get a stamped steel bumper without tow eyes, lights, or guards.

SAF 8 blog.jpg

Any of the bumpers from BAE are built like the truck they were mounted on. They are solid anD built to survive a explosion. I only ask mine to survive trees though. All of the BAE variant bumpers were, or are, currently for sale. Several people on here have mounted the bumper Suprman has. It's a nice bumper.

BAE RG-31
rg31nyala02xl3.jpg

BAE RG-33 variant
m02008022200010.jpg

BAE RG-33 variant (the one on my truck)
bae-rg31-11.jpg
RG33_USSOCOM_special_forces_operations_command_MRAP_mine_protected_vehicle_United_States_US_Army.jpg

pmramsey

I have a few of them. Draws around 45 amps at 27 volts. View attachment 633994View attachment 633993
One could get one heck of a sun tan standing within a few hundred feet of this monster. Is the light adjustable and does it have a flicker mode? If so, what is the flicker rate in Hz? I have a shoulder mounted one that runs for 20-minutes off a tactical vest and recharges on the standard NATO plug. I would not mind having one of these.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks