• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP bumpers....who's using one?

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like how you kept it low and clean. I will have to do something on mine as well. I've got a second fairlead on the way, to be able to do some trick winch rigging, and will need to protect it.

I've seen a couple of people mock these up in front of their trucks but haven't seen one actually mounted. I'd like to see an actual mount too.

From your description it sounds like a bumper from an Oshkosh MTVR 7 ton. Not sure if the MTVR bumpers are aluminum but everything else fits. Standing by for pictures...

View attachment 636433
Swamp do you have another bumper like yours or can you get one? I have a new tow rig I am considering making it look like a 915. And it's pretty apparent the bumper needs help.
image.jpg

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swamp do you have another bumper like yours or can you get one? I have a new tow rig I am considering making it look like a 915. And it's pretty apparent the bumper needs help.
View attachment 636515
I don't have any. I had gotten mine from 440Duster. Hard Head said he has one, although I don't know whether he plans to use it or not. Y'all are both in SC so distance isn't a problem like it was when I got mine.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are from the MTVR 7 Tons with winches. The winch trucks and wreckers had the same bumper as the non winch trucks but the ends were angled instead of straight.

18544667049_67af47b1e1.jpg

6861285784_00d996e53e_b.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A petite bar wench would, but a PTO winch
would need the normal Deuce winch frame extensions to work. I have a civi electrical winch that could fit in there like it is, but going to use it on another truck.

Good to know, I have one of the MTVR non winch bumpers it has a square cut out right where the bend is on the winch ones.
Anybody know what they are for?
000_0349.jpg 000_0350.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know, I have one of the MTVR non winch bumpers it has a square cut out right where the bend is on the winch ones.
Anybody know what they are for?
I missed this post. The square hole is for access to a trailer type connector. Some of the winch trucks with angled bumpers have them too, but not all. Some bumpers had blackout light holes and some didn't. The ones that didn't have the light in the bumper had it mounted on the top left corner of the hood.

Screenshot_2016-11-24-10-36-34.jpg

grendel

Nah, if I lust after another mil vehicle, it's an MVTR.

I found an RG31 bumper on eBay... it's from Suprman... who's auction won't allow me to close it out, as he has to provide a shipping quote for something I will pick up.

grendel

Here you go Scuba...an MRAP bumper guide.

Let's start with the Maxxpro. Here's a side shot to show why I don't like this one. It's just stamped steel so basically a bumper. They tow eyes are bolted to the frame and won't come with the bumper. Same construction as most MV factory bumpers. I've only seen a couple of these for sale. You'll just get a stamped steel bumper without tow eyes, lights, or guards.

View attachment 633992

Any of the bumpers from BAE are built like the truck they were mounted on. They are solid anD built to survive a explosion. I only ask mine to survive trees though. All of the BAE variant bumpers were, or are, currently for sale. Several people on here have mounted the bumper Suprman has. It's a nice bumper.

BAE RG-31
View attachment 633996

BAE RG-33 variant
View attachment 633997

BAE RG-33 variant (the one on my truck)
View attachment 633998
View attachment 633999

What does it take to put and RG31 bumper on a M939a2 series truck? Do you keep the tow point attachments?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
will bump this as I may get mine done on Tuesday of this next week. It is off a Force Protection Buffalo. Just a shade under 102". Pretty heavy and stout. I will have to fab up some type of lower frame bracket. Picked it up for $320 with the step and pintle and that included shipping.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
will bump this as I may get mine done on Tuesday of this next week. It is off a Force Protection Buffalo. Just a shade under 102". Pretty heavy and stout. I will have to fab up some type of lower frame bracket. Picked it up for $320 with the step and pintle and that included shipping.
Wes what are you going to mount it on?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes what are you going to mount it on?
My 923. I am going to have to cut off the existing frame plates for the buffalo and reweld some 3/4" plates on. The buffalo width is 23inches compared to a 32in frame on a 5ton

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks