• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 Ga Military Vehicle Rally buy/sell/trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok folks, the main information thread for the 16GMVR is up (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...Oct-19-23-2016) and this thread is for buying/selling/trading.

The idea behind this thread is simple.......... The GMVR is a huge event, drawing people in from all over the country. Maybe there's a guy in Texas that has a transfer case you need but the shipping makes the deal not worth it. If you're coming to the event, maybe the seller is too and one of you posts up that you either have or need the item and the other person says "Hey, I'm going to the rally, I can take this transfer and make a sale!".

So post up what you're looking for or what you have for sale and make some sales or purchases before the event even begins.

Here's my personal needs/sales items, this should give you an idea of what the thread should look like:

Clinto
Arriving Wed. Oct 19, be there through Sunday the 23rd. Working at RT entire event.

I am looking to buy:
NOS/new reproduction M274 mule fuel tank (I know, good luck).
M35A3 shoulder belt set up (brackets, retractors, etc.)

I have to sell:

Brand new deuce 3 color camo cargo cover kits, with one piece covers, dropside style bows, staves and corners. Metal bows and corners, fiberglass staves. $600

Ok, I've got a couple items to add that I want to sell, cheap. I am cleaning up my property (well, attempting) and I just want this stuff gone, hence the low prices. If you want, speak up. Because I'm not bringing it to the rally unless it's spoken for. I'll be busy running the event and selling shirts, so I won't have a swap meet space.

Deuce spring ride seat top. This is out of my '87 USAF M35A2C. I have seen this homemade vinyl seat cover on a bunch of trucks from WRAFB. I guess they were making them or having them made locally. It is extremely well made; looks like an upholstery shop did it. Heavy duty vinyl, so if it gets wet, you can just wipe it off, versus waiting for it to dry like canvas. Kind of interesting, they wrote down how many labor hours they'd invested in it, presumably on recovering it, on the bottom. This is the top, bottom and the frame. Only reason I took it out was that I got an M35A3 drivers seat from Carnac.

I have no idea what this is worth. How does $35 sound? $35 is cheap to throw a good seat in your truck if you have worn out foam and canvas.

I ended up with 2 5-ton headache racks. Not sure how to be honest. The tan one was in my '87 M35A2C from WRAFB. Not sure where the green one came from. They're both in what I'd call average shape. The green one has slightly better wood. One board is cracked on the green and the top board on the tan is eroded (eaten?). These fit any 5-ton with the dropside bed that the front 2' are higher. Any M813, M814, M923, M925, etc. As long as you have the 12' troop seat section and then the small 2' section that's higher in the front, this will work. These have the slots for stave storage on the front. How does $25 each sound?

Alright folks, get your swap meet on!

Attachments

Last edited:

Chief_919

I will be bringing canvas again this year, should arrive Friday morning. 21oz heavy duty military treated canvas perfect for seat covers, tops, winch covers, ground cloths, etc.

$12/yard at the show. $11/yard if you preorder and prepay so I can bring it down already measured and cut.

The canvas is 5'(60") wide so 1 yard gets you a 3'x5' (15sq ft), 2 yards gets you a 6'x5' (30sq ft), etc.

military-canvas-material-by-the-yard-4.gif

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much so far to sell.. I have a 2 part tan camo nettings.. Its the new style in a tan strapped down holder. 200 obo. I have ammo cans 30 50 40mm 81mm and some tall 50s dated 1969. 3 cases of 2006 dated MREs

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ResizedImage_1462047678353.jpg
Make me a offer will need lights I stole them and put on hemtt.
Would trade for some stuff also.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive got an 84 M1010 CUCV ambulance available. 99% stock. It's 3 hrs NW of the rally site. Pics soon.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have another batch of 2 1/2 lb fire extinguishers, some spectre water cans, also some NOS HMMWV bows in wrap, and some other stuff I'll post nearer to the event.

Mac

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMTV new takeoff brakes RF-19 Meritor

I have new take off air brakes for the front and rear ( rear backing plates not in this pic) of the LMTV and FMTV, RF-19 Meritor axles. Complete backing plates or drums, $25.00 each piece. Will bring to the SS GA 2016 event. If there is no interest in these items, these and many others will go in the scarp trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Mr. Timntrucks, you need to purchase another case of Nattys to pay for that towing light set! Other than that, I am good but I really hope some vendors wanting to sell some stuff show up this year. When I was broke 3 years ago, they were plentiful! Now that I have a few spare dollars, they are sparse these past few years. I can´t make it rain but I might be able to stir up some thunder in the distance!!!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a line on some more Scepter fuel cans. Not NOS like last year. Quantity and condition TBD, so the price is in flux. Will post more info and pictures when available.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Got a line on some more Scepter fuel cans. Not NOS like last year. Quantity and condition TBD, so the price is in flux. Will post more info and pictures when available.
I need THREE if the price is not gold plated

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't have much of anything to bring this year. I might however have some non vehicle wares for display/operation.

I'm looking for M114 parts as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks