• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Pioneer Tool Rack

70deuce

For all of you who are curious how the pioneer racks mounts up under a HMMWV here is what it looks like. Just received and installed a brand new pioneer rack on the M998. After the tools are secured to the rack it takes less than 30 seconds to mount and secure it. Highly recommend adding some sort of safety pin in the latches. They do lock into a groove on the locking handle but not very well and I can see them springing open under the right conditions. All the traditional pioneer tools fit nicely in the rack and it tucks up nice and tight behind the rear wheels. Obtained from an Ebay merchant for a very reasonable price.

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What keeps the rack from sliding toward the front and bouncing out of the bracket? Just want to make sure I just slide mine into the bracket, nothing else on the bracket? Thanks.

NormB

What keeps the rack from sliding toward the front and bouncing out of the bracket? Just want to make sure I just slide mine into the bracket, nothing else on the bracket? Thanks.
There're two upright tabs at the rear of the rack aligned with the straps. They're clearer in the second photo. These go up and behind the bumper when the clamps are shut and prevent the rack from sliding.

Duster06

I just got one of these from my brother as a Christmas gift. I don't have a bumper yet. Every bumper that I see online for sale doesn't have the clips installed on it. Does this require drilling?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
on the air lift bumpers, the catches are on the braces and not visible from outside. The rack needs a different 45* bracket for the latches which kascar sells.

Do you have the original rear slightly curved bumper or the upgraded flat MWO towing upgrade bumper?
Either one of those should also mount the catches to use with this tool rack.

Post pics of your bumper and tool rack at the latches.

Last edited:

Cobra38

The round rubber bumper stops on mine don't hit the bottom of the bumper after latched. Adjusted the latches all the way in and they still don't contact so everything just hangs loose lol. Guess I need thicker/new round bumper stops.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The round rubber bumper stops on mine don't hit the bottom of the bumper after latched. Adjusted the latches all the way in and they still don't contact so everything just hangs loose lol. Guess I need thicker/new round bumper stops.
The bracket mounted on the frame cross member is slotted. Try loosening those bolts and adjusting?

ElKapetan

[FONT=&quot]Hi! Just finishing adding airlift bumper to my A1, and can't seem to get the darned shovel to fit in the pioneer tool kit without hitting the bumper frame members. Standard Army shovel, tool rack made for the airlift--but no matter how I adjust the shovel, the curved blade hits the bumper cross members when I try to latch the rack. Has anyone hit this snag? Are there detailed drawings showing all the different tool rack configurations to see if maybe I just have the wrong rack?[/FONT]

90Jimmy

Hi! Just finishing adding airlift bumper to my A1, and can't seem to get the darned shovel to fit in the pioneer tool kit without hitting the bumper frame members. Standard Army shovel, tool rack made for the airlift--but no matter how I adjust the shovel, the curved blade hits the bumper cross members when I try to latch the rack. Has anyone hit this snag? Are there detailed drawings showing all the different tool rack configurations to see if maybe I just have the wrong rack?
Pic...then we can see what you got.

ElKapetan

Just finished adding airlift bumper to A1, now can’t get shovel to fit. Shovel blade hits the diagonal bumper braces and frame when I try to latch the rack, can’t find good pics to show how supposed to fit. Using newer rack for Airlift, standard shovel. Any suggestions?

90Jimmy

I think bikeman is correct. The handle of my shovel fits inside the bracket your shovel appears to sit on the outside of. I’ll get a pic up when day breaks around here.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks