• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Pioneer Tool Rack

90Jimmy

Thank you! I just realized when you said that I had the handle moved over and not snapped in. My bad. But when snapped in still have same trouble. Shovel came off M998 originally so I believe is correct shovel
OK....figured it was the shovel and I was gonna be a hero today. Do this, measure the shovel. Since the problem isn’t solved I will get pics of mine to include the mount. PM me a cell number. It will be easier to text several photos.

90Jimmy

I notice that your small brackets that the pioneer rack clips into are in the lowest position, mine are in the upper holes. It looks like your rack needs to shift to the right”passenger” side. Do you have the mount that bolts to the rear frame section oriented correctly. It can mount backwards.... not sure man. Hope this helps. Hit me up if you need to see anything else.

Attachments

TOM R

Gonna dig up this old thread,my rack does not fit my vehicle, i adjusted the front mount all the way ti tye rear and tried adjusting the tow hitch forward but no luck the uprights hit the rear bumper/ hitchKIMG1264.jpgKIMG1265.jpg

DREDnot

Mine did that too when I tried to mount it to the original MWO bumper. Looked just like yours. I put on an airlift bumper and havent revisited the issue. I started thinking about using the mount and clip hooks to mount the whole unit in the bed some way

Wire Fox

Gonna dig up this old thread,my rack does not fit my vehicle, i adjusted the front mount all the way ti tye rear and tried adjusting the tow hitch forward but no luck the uprights hit the rear bumper/ hitchView attachment 766986View attachment 766987
Looks like you've got the wrong model! On models without the airlift bumper, you need 12340288. On models with the airlift bumper, you need 12340289.

This thread talks all about it, with pictures: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?158259-pioneer-tool-rack-difference

Bright side: juanprado mentions: "If you have a 12340288 it can be converted easily to a 12340289 by adding 2 angle brackets $4 each from kascar. 5583234 L, 5583235 R"

Edit: I'm seeing that it looks like you're having more trouble than alignment of the locking tabs...it's like the length is wrong. I'm thinking about what might be going on there...

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Wait a second, you have the heavy towing bumper from MWO 9-2320-280-7, don't you? I see your bumper is flat, but doesn't look right to be an airlift bumper. If that's the case...

You need this bracket: 12340286-3 (replaces the bracket on the frame between the rear wheels)
You also need these brackets: 12340275-3 (LH); 12340275-4 (RH)

That should correct the placement of the rack assembly and ensure that it won't be able to slide out of place.

TOM R

Im new to this all i knew when i got the rack was i needed the one with the straight latches for non airlift
The latch tabs were already on the tow hitch thing

Cant i just remove and modify the bracket between the rear wheels to allow the rack to go back farther

Wait a second, you have the heavy towing bumper from MWO 9-2320-280-7, don't you? I see your bumper is flat, but doesn't look right to be an airlift bumper. If that's the case...

You need this bracket: 12340286-3 (replaces the bracket on the frame between the rear wheels)
You also need these brackets: 12340275-3 (LH); 12340275-4 (RH)

That should correct the placement of the rack assembly and ensure that it won't be able to slide out of place.

TOM R

I looked up the part number listed above for the frame bracket and it looks identicle to the one i have, i slotted the one i have to the max and made it reach but the rack still doesnt fit right so im guessing i have the wrong rack

The v ehicle already had the rack mounts on the new hitch so are there different depth racks?

Mine front to back is 13 1/4" see picsKIMG1269.jpgKIMG1273.jpgKIMG1272.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the rear bracket on the c crossmember? that the pioneer rack slips into has elongated holes and some adjustment. Might need to play with that bracket and possibly adjust the holes?

TOM R

the rear bracket on the c crossmember? that the pioneer rack slips into has elongated holes and some adjustment. Might need to play with that bracket and possibly adjust the holes?
I already tried that and elongated the holes more still not right

kent@kci.net

I have an 86 with the heavy tow bumper too. It came with the front hook bracket and the two latch hooks on the cross member, I have two pioneer tool racks and neither fit tight. The tools hit the angle cross members before the rubber stops hit the bumper. Has anyone found a solutions to this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks