• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMV style FMTV MTV sold GP

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Went cheap $3500 and had the rear crane! Btw NDT the MICLIC box got here yesterday, again thank you in helping me get it.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jesus... that's a legit war pig... holy heck did someone get a unique beast... hope they know it...

Did it go out of Lewis?

DSD277

I doubt those M1084s ( 4 of them out of Ohio) were War Pigs in the sense they would had probably been used to resupply outlaying outposts/communities, utilizing the crane to offload palatalized supplies quickly.
The cab of those truck were cutoff ( nothing to think they’re a LVAD cab) and sheetmetal was added along with the cage which probably had a M2, instead of in the bed to facilitate maximum load.

During the time ( over 3 years ago) I was fitting my M1094 to replicate a War Pig, the pictures and info I had been able to find indicated a War Pig was the resupply and command/communication vehicle for long range patrols. They were all hand stocked to have ready access to all supplies.

Just my opinion, but logically, I don’t see the modified M1084 in a resupply role for a convoy with a crane that adds a bunch of weight to the truck and another 32” of length.

Working with a SF group to take palatalize supplies to an outreaching community or base, yes.

I could be wrong… it wouldn’t be the first time, and logic doesn’t always apply:carnac::wink:

Oh, BTW , several pics on GP show some hard contacts (bends) to the drive shafts on a couple of the M1084s
Plus none of the lights were sprayed or taped over that was common to the warpigs.

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I confess, I'm that guy!

From reading the posts, sounds like others share my excitement and fear of what is really in the package.

I welcome feedback and suggestions on the actual history of this beast. You are correct. It has sold a couple of times, so I also welcome your prayers and assistance in getting it all put back together!

Stay safe and stay in touch,

firefinder

Lust4GreenSteel

Congrats. I am impressed. Let us know your progress with this vehicle. If it is indeed "special", I might invite myself over to see it sometime when I am close by. I always bring wobble pop when I impose on folks :driver:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks firefinder for letting us know you got this truck and welcome to the site. Hope you start a thread on what all you find out about it and what you plan for it. Lots of tech support here and trust me you will need it. The FMTVs may have been "ultra-reliable" when they were newer, but now not so much.

DanM7890

Awesome to hear someone on the board got it. I am very interested in knowing the history and please start a thread so we can follow along with you.

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the well wishes! I will start a thread when she arrives.

DSD277 your "FDT" LVAD is phenomenal! I would appreciate your damage assessment on this vehicle. Do the driveshafts appear to have forklift damage?

Stay safe and stay in touch,

firefinder

DSD277

Thank you firefinder, and welcome to this site.

Could you post or pm me which was the truck you got. On a quick search I had seen 4 topless M1084's, and just quickly looked over them.
I'd be happy to help you where I can from my experience with the FDT. I also have a photobucket with a lot of pics of the (re)build. Some I know you will find extremely helpful if you decide to put doors on it.

Also, do you have plans on what you want to do with your truck? Or wait to have it in front of you , and say what I had said. " What have I gotten myself into?" :lol:

Cheers
Dave

coachgeo

Cool truck and awesome price! I paid more for an mtv crane than you did for the whole truck!
that's possibly because it was around 2.5 years ago (this is an old thread) thus kinda falling before so many others caught onto FMTV's and demand pushed the prices up while supply dropped a little as well.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks