• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV steel grilles

DSD277

Ok, I just had a brain fart while writing a reply to another thread.

When I was rebuilding the FDT, the original composite (POS) grilles were long gone and got the new replacement steel grille .

Typically, all the ex-mil trucks I remember seeing all have the composite grille.. I’m just curious if anyone has the newer ‘shark’ grille?

Attachments

DSD277

Yeah, I knew that, they were long gone before I got my M1094 in 2012.

I was wondering if anyone has the metal grille on their truck when released.

The metal grille was part of the factory rehab when/if done.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was able to get BAE's last SD Brazos metal grille for my 1078. It is missing the Stewart and Stevenson emboss on the passenger side.

Anyone have a line on more metal grilles? Need one now for LMTV project #2.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Maybe but they are big bucks. They are still in production and could possibly be ordered. The metal one is a lot nicer than the previous versions. The stiff fiberglass ones aren't bad but the really early flimsy ones are just junk.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fmtv front grill.jpg
Mine came with the metal grill but I could tell the air force had replaced the old one because it was just the original flat green paint with no camo black and brown paint.
They didn't transfer the stewart & badge over to it and after months of failed attempts getting my hands on one I decided to weld and fill the indent.
IMG_5581.jpg IMG_5580.jpg

rd3war

Here is the grill that is on my truck. I believe it's made out of aluminum. Nice clean look!

1500956567976.jpg

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a meeting tomorrow with a client who manufactures composite parts. I may ask about costs of creating a fiberglass or drape mold to create a few of these.

I did ask BAE, and he told me that the 'manufacturer' had a very high unit cost and they were out of stock..

Pointman

lmtvjunky

Roll Call! I'm duplicating these in aluminum with some slight upgrades, I will post the part when done and am curious as to how many I should make for sale, stick your hands up if you would be interested in one so I can get a head count. As for cost, couldn't say just yet,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks