• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV steel grilles

coachgeo

Do you have any of these left? I am looking for 3.
Previous post in another thread only minutes ago states that he (Suprman) no longer has any at this time... they all sold out.

As to someone making up some composite ones.... that is a good question. That idea seemed to have died?

Last edited:

coachgeo

by the way... how do you recognize the plastic one versus the fiberglass one? Im guessing the fiberglass you can welll.... see the fibers..... (mine has that look) and the plastic one... is probably smooth. Is that about right?

branr1

I took the grill off of my 1998 M1078 and I also purchased another used one that was the same style as the one I had. Both are fiber glass and they have dried out and become brittle. To solve this I took both of the grills to my local spray in bed liner shop and had them coated front and back with bed liner for $40 each. I'm extremely happy with the results and the appearance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks