• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tips for Slant back install on a 998?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the the only mis aligned piece? I would mount the top, assemble the ring and make sure all of that fits together then modify the trim pieces to fit .

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the 2 piece black aluminum block around the tube needs to be turned 180 degrees.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It makes no difference if I rotate this aluminum blocks I already tried this.
I made now my own adapter I will see how that fits.

it does make a difference how the block are installed, the blocks are flat on one side and not the other, the flat side faces toward the inside of the truck. The next thing that will cause out of alignment issues is the placement of the roof.

signsup

I know this is an old thread, but having done through this process, I'm trying to add some info that might save another from going through the same thing as I did. The OP mentions the windshield glass retainers as being different and one of the responses is they are all the same. They are NOT. The ECV windshield uses retainers that are bolted onto the frame with 1/4"x20 bolts and not the smaller screws that the more standard retainers use. It is a different bolt battern, the snorkle bracket to windshield is different. Black Dog Customes in Madison, GA sells the ECV vehicle retainers in a three piece kit and will paint to match if required. We are also installing a slant back on an M998, but we just pulled all the parts off an m1151 that was being scrapped, and we used our forklift to remove and install the top and B pillar as one piece and the sponsons, hatch and C pillars as one unit, and used all the original hardware, so can't add much to this thread. Hard X doors coming this week, so no comments on the soft doors on a slant back, please. And, this is still a work in progress, used the hood off the M1151 and 24 bolt wheels are going on next, we used the high back seats and the windshield from the M1151 as well as the air lift bumper. So, visualy, it should resemble an M1151, but is tagged, titled and registered in GA as a M998. So, Humvee Salad.slant back install 1.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks