• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M422 Frame Measurements

Jeeagle

I have Short Wheel base M422 in the shop with a seemingly huge issue. It appears the engine is sitting far to back causing the driveshaft to bind and making it sit at an angle. I swapped the Transmission cross member around (the right way) hoping it was it but in fact made me discover the engine was sitting back. The clutch rod sits approx 1/2 inch forward from where it should meet the clutch fork.

I was hoping anyone with a short wheel base can grab some measurements for me.

Hoping to get at least the following so I can identify where the issue is.

Bumper to Bumper (measurements being on the outside of the bumper metal)

Trans Cross member to front bumper

Front engine mount to Front Bumper

And any other measurements you can think of that may aid in determining the correct distances I should have.

Thank you in advance!

Jeeagle

My dad has a shorty Mighty Mite. I will forward this to him to see if he can take the measurements. I might have to help him (he's 88).
Be amazingly help full!

Even if all you can do is give me a point of reference for distance I would be glad. I am thinking someone cut/welded/repaired the front of this mite and made it to short. But until I have good info (google fails hard for once) I am just guessing.

Jeeagle

Also, if anyone has or can get photos of the transmission cross member. I got new mounts and I turned the member around but now I am unsure if it is right or not. I followed what I've seen in a few other obscure photos but something isn't right.

armytruck63

I have Short Wheel base M422 in the shop with a seemingly huge issue. It appears the engine is sitting far to back causing the driveshaft to bind and making it sit at an angle. I swapped the Transmission cross member around (the right way) hoping it was it but in fact made me discover the engine was sitting back. The clutch rod sits approx 1/2 inch forward from where it should meet the clutch fork.

I was hoping anyone with a short wheel base can grab some measurements for me.

Hoping to get at least the following so I can identify where the issue is.

Bumper to Bumper (measurements being on the outside of the bumper metal)

Trans Cross member to front bumper

Front engine mount to Front Bumper

And any other measurements you can think of that may aid in determining the correct distances I should have.

Thank you in advance!
Ok here's what I measured this evening. Sorry, it was super hot in the garage.

Bumper to bumper: 107.5 " overall and 105" from front bumper to the part of the rear bumper where the tie down is located.

11.75" from the front of he front bumper to the part of the engine mount at the generator.

33.75" from the transmission cross member to the front of the bumper, measured under the generator.

Another measurement that that might help: it is 2.5" from the firewall to the cylinder head at the #4 cylinder. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Jeeagle

Ok here's what I measured this evening. Sorry, it was super hot in the garage.

Bumper to bumper: 107.5 " overall and 105" from front bumper to the part of the rear bumper where the tie down is located.

11.75" from the front of he front bumper to the part of the engine mount at the generator.

33.75" from the transmission cross member to the front of the bumper, measured under the generator.

Another measurement that that might help: it is 2.5" from the firewall to the cylinder head at the #4 cylinder. View attachment 636057View attachment 636058View attachment 636059View attachment 636060

Thank you very much sir!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks