• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What kind of truck is this?

pvtcook

Guys found this truck sitting under a barn. Might be able to buy it. But I don't have any idea how long it has set or under what circumstances it was parked. My dad said he knows it's been sitting there for around 40 yrs. I don't even know what it is. Except that it's a Chevy. Body is very solid. I didn't see any rust. It has a dent on the hood. It's not a crease dent. It also has a winch. Bed looked to be about 8' long. I do know it was owned by a WW2 vet that passed. What would be a ball park price on it? Wouldn't mind restoring it. I've restored a few gpw's. Never tackled a large truck. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is what I would call a dream barn find. Ton and a half Chevys unrestored do not get any better than that. The dent in the hood will pop right out with swift boot kick from underneath. The vet knew the value of the truck from the war and thankfully kept it in a shed.

pvtcook

What would be a fair price on it? I know it's hard to judge by pics,but I want to be fair to the owner and myself. I was thinking $2k?

Bill W

DANG!
I swore I'd NEVER restore another vehicle, but if I came across that and could get it at a good price..I'd sell my deuce and get started

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks