• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 Tucson to Payson

Dustinbrwn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone,
Been lurking around ever since I decided I wanted a 5 ton. Got alot of good info from reading the posts here and just bid and won one!
It was a nail biter for the fact I'm on the road and my service kept going in and out. Thought it was a lost cause but when I got service again it was mine!
Now for the tricky part....
I need to get this truck from Tucson to Payson. I would like to drive it ( if mechanically sound, and yes, insured)
Or possibly flat tow it if there is a member with the equipment and willing to help out.
If not to Payson, then possibly store it till I can make better arrangements.
I only have possibility Saturday, Sunday Monday to get this done (13, 14 ,15th)
I work with the forest service and get 2 to 4 days off a month. (In Wyoming at the moment)
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Dustin

dmetalmiki

Great acquisition, well done, Bit the bullet and won. Welcome to the site , hobby, friendships, and events to come. Post up pictures of your truck and event of getting it home. Hope someone steps up and helps you in this quest.

MtnSnow

Congrats on the win..... Assuming you mean from Tucson AZ to Payson AZ and not Payson UT it's only 190ish miles. I would suggest getting in touch with member 98G and have him recover and potentially have him deliver it to you.

Jericho

Its a great ride from Tucson to Payson, if you decide to do it your self, air the tires check the fluids and light the fires, should take about 4 or 4.5 hours depending on traffic and that last LITTLE pull up to Payson. I envy you, like Payson and used to live in Apache Junction and Tucson , good luck and ENJOY, WELCOME

Dustinbrwn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the encouragement. It is payson az, so not a far trip, just trying to cover all my bases. I'm not worried about driving it back, I have had my class B CDL for years, it's more of the uunknown with potential breakdowns. Guess I just have some pre trip worries. Mtnsnow, I'll give 98G a try, thanks!
As soon as I get her to the stable I'll throw up some pics and have to start planning some get togethers
Thanks again!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
And I'd also suggestion getting your location in your member info so people know where youre at. Need to have a state. Not like the NSA and FBI don't already know where youre at.

Jericho

Your welcome, spent 3 weeks in Payson looking for property last year, one of my favorite places! good luck

Dustinbrwn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So got in touch with 98G. Unfortunately he is out of town right now but shot me his number in case I run into any issues. Just gonna check her over and if all is good drive her up.
Carnack, I wanted to wait until I actually had the truck home before I officially called myself a member. Hopefully soon!
Jericho, I have lived in payson for about 14 years now. Just recently moved down the hill a bit about 15 miles south. A bit warmer in the summer but more than makes up for it in the winter.
Anyone familiar with the Tucson auction pickup site? I might have to go this one alone so thinking about riding my bike down. Just need a way to get it in the back? Are loading docks available?
Thanks!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No docks available. GP Tammy is good people to work with.

I suggest a chase vehicle and a 2nd person. A 2nd pair of hands to help, and a vehicle capable of fetching parts. A chase vehicle that can read your mind and do things like open lane space for you as you go through phoenix will be a big help...

Dustinbrwn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G.
I will have a local friend helping me while there with a truck and to fetch parts and such, and getting me up the road to at least phoenix, but cant make the whole trip. Once I get to PHX, if I run into problems I can make a call to Payson for some help.
Just don't have a ride down at the moment.
Again, Thanks for your knowledge and advice. Its a great help so far and I will be following it!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in Phoenix and am available for assistance if necessary. Have towbars and bigger trucks.

Dustinbrwn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Castle
I appreciate the offer! Hopefully I wont have to take you up on that but I will keep you in mind if things don't go as planned. Ill shoot you a PM with my plans so we can maybe work something out if need be. Thanks!
From the Pictures of the truck, and after 98G looked them over for me (thanks again) there are a few potential issues he found I will be checking out before making the trip up.
One being the ABS light. I have been reading up on tracking down potential causes here on the forum. I'm hoping I can get it functioning correctly with some troubleshooting.
I wish timing was a bit different of this but because of my job (work for the USFS) I have a limited and narrow pickup time. I'm actually on my way back from Wyoming right now, and will have only 2, possibly 3 days off before I'm gone for another 3, possibly 5 weeks. (pays the bills and buys my toys)
Thanks again for all the help and offers.
Dustin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks