• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New goat owner: looking for brake drum plugs

Al Capone

Hi . Just bought this goat . Looking for some brake drum plugs . All of them ! Lol I've found them for $15 each but that adds up fast . Someone I here said they got them for $9.45 each . Also looking for the belly pan plate . Guy gave me one but it had a corner angled and mine is just square . Also need 3 belly plugs . Are the ones tnj sells correct ? Thanks

m38inmaine

Welcome to the goat madness, please post up some pictures of your rig and keep us updated on your progress. I think I have 3 spare plugs I'll have to check, no luck on the other items as I had no spares. It would be proper to put these needs in the classifieds "wanted" ads.

Al Capone

Sorry about posting in wrong area . I figured out the small plugs are just pipe thread plugs . So will get some today from hardware store . If this needs to be deleted or moved let me know . I don't know if I can delete this or not .

UOTE=m38inmaine;1907007]Welcome to the goat madness, please post up some pictures of your rig and keep us updated on your progress. I think I have 3 spare plugs I'll have to check, no luck on the other items as I had no spares. It would be proper to put these needs in the classifieds "wanted" ads.[/QUOTE

Al Capone

There is another one sitting in bushes about a mile from me . Been there for years . Guy buys tons of junk from auctions and never does anything with the stuff .

Jericho

The TNJ hull plugs are correct AND HARD TO FIND, pricey but Mc MASTER sells them (generic)for much more, buy them when you can find them, took me 4 years to have them list them again. Welcome, to the goat herd . And mark your a saint few people would offer brake drum plugs! kuddoes!

Jericho

The TNJ hull plugs are correct AND HARD TO FIND, pricey but Mc MASTER sells them (generic)for much more, buy them when you can find them, took me 4 years to have them list them again. Welcome, to the goat herd . And mark your a saint few people would offer brake drum plugs! kuddoes! Can you supply a photo of the BELLY pan you need, or a tm Fig and IND and ill look, many of them are easy to replicate

Al Capone

Those bump stops are different than mine . The drivers side on mine has two rubber bumpers . Pass broke . If your ones pictured is a left and rh side I'm fine with that. Thanks

m38inmaine

The bump stops are not handed, there are two styles, doubles and singles, the doubles were later production.

Last edited:

Al Capone

Has anyone crossed out part numbers for master cylinder with a napa part ? I've located nos ones but in the past the nos m715 ones I bought only last about month and start leaking due to age. And why did they convert to dot 5 fluid when orginal master cylinder said dot 3?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone crossed out part numbers for master cylinder with a napa part ? I've located nos ones but in the past the nos m715 ones I bought only last about month and start leaking due to age. And why did they convert to dot 5 fluid when orginal master cylinder said dot 3?
The military went to Dot 5 across the board. As long as you flush the system out (use denatured alcohol) you can use Dot 3 just don't mix the 2 together. I bought a NOS master for my Goat and didn't have any problems with it at all.

Jericho

Dot 5 was supposed to keep water intrusion to a minimum and had a higher op temperature, Its readily available but pricey. If you are both in LA it cant be that far , I used to drive the length of the state in 4 hours BEFORE interstate 49 was built, lived in Pineville, was stationed in both Shreveport ,Barksdale AFB and England AFB , and made the sojurn to Keesler AFB MS once a month , LOve the food , don't like the snakes!

Al Capone

I ordered the brake drum access plug copper washers and body belly pan copper washers from sky geek place. Had to buy ten body washers and 25 drum washers. will have extras to sell if i ever get them. 5-8 days back order on them. I told girl on phone sounds like yall might not get them/lol .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks