• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about Red Dot A/C install

BRob18E

Thanks in advance for all that reply. Does anyone know if you MUST have the armor kit for your M998 in order to install the Red Dot A/C kit. I have the full package, the systems selling for about 2K on Ebay. I am reading over the instructions and most of the mounting looks to be on an armor divider that is between the passenger compartment and the bed. I have an M1038 with winch, 4 man Hmmwv. So anyone that has experience with these, please add too. I did a search for red dot and didn't get anything, which is weird as one of the threads for the instructions for this system is a sticky. Also if someone knows where to get the armor divider, please advise. Thanks again for all that help. If this is not posted anywhere and I end up fabricating most of this since I can't find the armor divider, I will post pictures of the install and hopefully it will help others.

Action

aren't all the red dot kits on epay the same? $1000 - $2000. Look at the other posts on here. Guys make brackets to mount the rear part to.

BRob18E

Thanks guys, and if there is any more photo's of the engine compartment, the instructions are in black and white and the pictures are barely legible. I'll make sure I take lots of photos and post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks