• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fast Attack Vehicle quick article

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the 8 Seal vehicles is stored at NOSC Denver and is controlled by the Denver recruiters. We have picked it up several times and brought it to Cheyenne for events here.

signalcorps

Just getting started on mine. I just finished putting the engine and transaxle in. Working on steering and brakes next. I started a website of the build but only have 1 photo og my FAV on it. I will update soon. This one is serial #90 out of 120. www.fastattackvehicle.com

NEIOWA

That War is Boring "facts" are certainly weak on the timeline. Needs to do some actual research.

The FAV were widely in use with 9ID until at least 1988 +/_ . Every Bn Scout Plt had FAV(approx. 8) even after the fielding of the M998. That was 9x Rifle Bn in the line Bde and 1 (or perhaps was 2) rifle Bn in the Asslt Bde I don't recall that 2nd Bde had a FAB.

2-1 (3d Bde) certainly still had FAVs in 87-88. As I recall the Fast Attack Bn of 1st Bde also had FAV. So WAY more than 120 on post.

I was on a C130 ERO with load of 2 M966 and a FAV (on the ramp) into the dirt strip at Yakima in just about now in 1986 (lord 30years). 4 similar loads as I recall. BN took them to Korea (2nd photo) on a Team Spirit around spring of 87.

The biggest omission in the photos is the M54 wrecker in the background an truck hauling replacement engines.

Airlanded with BN at 29Palms in the fall of 88. Seals were running/playing around with FAVs (out of control as typical) in support of the MEF for which we were the OPFOR force and they rolled a FAV. Killed, in BS TRAINING exercise, a troop.

signalcorps

Thanks for all the info. I am trying to put together some facts about the FAV and this info really helps. I didn't know that photo was taken in Korea. I have been in contact with several people from 9ID at Fort Lewis and they are getting some historical documents together for me. Wish I could find more original photos taken by the Troops. . Same ole photos on the web. Thanks again for the great info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks