• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H45 stove

6tmile

Hello all, I picked up a H45 multi fuel stove. I plan on using it for heating my skinning shed. I have the 5 gallon fuel can and all the fittings, but want to use a bigger tank for fuel. Do I just need a vent on the bigger tank? Or do I have to use the same set up that they use with the 5 gallon fuel can.( the threaded pipe that goes into the fuel can cap)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you can use a larger tank. It will need to be vented also. Make sure the tank is securely plumbed to the H45 fuel meter (no leaks) and kept at a distance. That heater will get hot.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The heater needs to be gravity fed. The control valve acts just like a carburetor... it has a float inside. When the heater is not in use, i suggest you put a shot off valve on the bigger tank as well. It never hurts to have too many shut offs. I would also suggest your tank not use the factory jerry can spout adapter. if you can actually plumb something to the bottom of a fuel tank with a shut off valve, it will be a lot better. I was going to use a 50 gallon truck tank for mine that is vented on the top.

Scrounger

In Korea we used to have 55-gallon drums on their sides in a wooden rack outside the tents, kind of like a reinforced X pattern. I wish I had a picture. They were plumbed using the small hole positioned at 6 o’clock and had a shut off valve. Then for filling we just went down the row of tents and filled the drums from a bulk tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks