• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009: Steering shaft replacement?

I_Publius

Good to know. Thank you for letting me know that. I will figure out how to repost the pictures on the full site as opposed to this application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Publius

New question, same topic.

I'm installing everything back and there is a bracket that goes on the bottom of the steering wheel column inside the cab. It is a metal bracket that bolts to the underneath of the column. Attached is a electrical connection of some sort.

First, what is this box?

Second, where does all the wiring thread and how is this attached to the bottom of the column? I made a mistake and did not photograph that portion before uninstalling the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33duce

Steering Column upper shaft

Question for M715 Column upper shaft:
I bought a new rag joint on lower shaft for steering Box. The upper shaft will not come out unless I take out complete Column I understand. (correct me if I am wrong) . I do not want to take out Column.
Is there a way or a part number to use a Bourgeon u-joint on upper shaft , and connect to the lower shaft .
What is part # ? that would make it a spline at top. and round to attach to the lower shaft.
If this not possible- what is the part numbers to the Bourgeson complete replacement. I do believe the column does not need to come out if I do the Bourgeson repair.

cucvrus

Take the 1 thru bolt off at the joint where the cab column and the lower shaft meet. Tap the connection down and release it from the upper column. Then you can remove the lower column from the steering box with a 7/16" 12 point socket. Of course tap it back up into place when reinstalling. Do as you wish from that point. I would just install the new rag joint and call it a day. That worked for me going on 25 years. Good Luck. That is a 15 mm hex head M10 X 1.5 bolt attaching that column halve together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks