• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn question gamma goat

Al Capone

Quick question . Top wire is 24 volt I know . Does it always have 24 volts and steering wheel button supply the ground to bottom wire when pushed ? My horn was acting up and not after pressure wash it stays on. The horn body itself is providing ground even with bottom wire disconnected . Am I understanding this correctly ?

m38inmaine

Both wires at the horn are marked 25, it doesn't matter which way they are plugged into the horn. One is your 24v power going to the circuit breaker panel, the other is ground going to the horn button. Pressing the horn button completes the ground circuit. The horn itself does not need to be grounded as the horn circuit provides the ground. If the horn is staying on the horn button circuit is defective or your ground wire is shorting to ground.

Last edited:

Impressus

I'm a new member here, and I just picked up a Gama Goat locally (Great Falls, MT). I'm starting to pick away at it and seeing as the topic is the horn: how do you take it apart. it looks like I'm missing the outer cover, what I see on mine has a center hole in the "outer cover' on mine. It works but I have to work it around a bit when I press on it, so I must have some corroded contacts, but for the life of me I can't get it apart.

wsucougarx

I got my Goat from Great Falls as well. In fact it was exactly one year ago today (10-8-15). I got mine from a guy named Shawn. You disassemble the horn by pushing down the button firmly and rotate the horn button assy. It'll release the horn cup of sorts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Al Capone

I broke one of the plastic retainers on the lower plate of horn assy but was able to buy this from red river. Mine horn minds worked also at first then it crapped out I need a replacement horn itself for mine

Impressus

thanks for the info on the horn, I basically did that and nothing rotated, guess I have to be a little more forceful, I picked mine up from Shawn as well, you probably seen mine when you picked yours up. it was painted fire engine red. Had to change that first off. I got mine Jan 13 2016.

wsucougarx

Sorry just saw you got yours in Jan. I had to really push down with my palm to rotate it. There are three tabs that the horn assy rests against via spring.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Impressus

So what kind of shape was your in. My engine ran fine, though it is gutless and I changed out the filters and that jumped my top end speed up from 30 mph to a little over 40 mph. And my pre-heater doesn't work.brakes were gone, tires are good,

Impressus

Yes it has the black roll cage. looks like you got the best of the litter. the only one left when I got mine was the yellow one that looked pretty canibalized. He had it on Ebay for a while, I just noticed recently that its not on there any more. There was no title with mine and I didn't get on that right away, but I got it licensed now and at the courthouse they determined that it was a 1 1/4 pickup truck, which means I have to license it, get tags every year. Out here you can get permanent tags if a vehicle is over ten years old...........and it has to be under a 3/4 ton. I tried to get it licensed as an ATV because ATV/s motorcycles, boats all get a one time permanent plate. Alas, I couldn't get that. But the tags are cheap enough, so is insurance.

wsucougarx

I got a decent truck. He actually had 3-4 more camouflage ones that he sold before mine. They were in awesome shape. I think he got 8 Gama Goats off GSA out of the Idaho Forest Service. Luckily the Forest Service didn't do anything with my truck. It had IFS inventory labels and IFS serial number on her but no holes or any other equipment. If you have any questions or issues let us know. We'll help you as much as we can. I've accumulated a few parts in the past 12 months. If you're needing parts like carrier side racks or anything like that, I have some extras I can sell.

Impressus

thank you very much; I'll be needing stuff, I don't have the side racks among other things. I had no lift rings, got them now, I have to hooks that are around the top outside of the back end. I ran some drain plugs down, just waiting for them on there end. I'll take you up on your offer. I'm sure I'll be having questions.
Martin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks