• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northeast Section

m816 someday

In Maryland, we used to get together the second Saturday of every month for breakfast and conversation. When we first started the gatherings, we had an excellent turn-out. Folks would bring their trucks because we had plenty of parking and their families because it was encouraged. If you’d like to see some of the pictures from past events, search “Breakfast in Eldersburg, Maryland”. Unfortunately, as is the case a lot of times, the breakfast turn out slowly diminished and then the breakfast gatherings stopped. If there is a renewed interest, we can start them back up in April with a Breakfast in Eldersburg, Maryland on Saturday, April 14, 2018.

robert

Jon_Gilbart

I just purchased a 1986 M934A1 in Colorado and drove it home to Middletown, MD (Frederick County) 2 weeks ago. I have had other much smaller military vehicles in the past (Pinzgauer 712M & Pinzgauer 710K) that I licensed in Maryland and was able to get historic tags without a problem and I was able to legally drive them around for fun every now and again. Now that I purchased my 5-ton, I see that I can't "occasionally drive" my >10,000 pound truck in Maryland which really sucks! So I guess if I want to drive it in Maryland, I have to be going to a club event or parade or something, but expansible vans aren't that great for parades I would imagine! So, count me in for club events, otherwise I won't be able to drive my truck! I did sneak it out the other day for an early AM drive on Mother's day and think that I must have woken up half of the people in the neighborhood! Also, it took the ENTIRE intersection on the Golden Mile in Frederick, MD to do a U-turn! This is one cool truck, though, and I really love driving it--just need to wear ear protection or I will end up deaf soon!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Aberdeen used to be the big show. It's held each year in May. The better show is Gilbert in PA and the Sussex show in NJ.

Jon_Gilbart

Aberdeen used to be the big show. It's held each year in May. The better show is Gilbert in PA and the Sussex show in NJ.
Thanks for the info. It looks like I just missed the Aberdeen show by 1 week! I have been to the Aberdeen show once before w/ my Pinzgauer several ears ago, but I have sold the Pinz since then, and now all I have is the M934A1. I'll probably check out the Gilbert, PA show, but Sussex might be a bit of a stretch... Thanks again for the quick reply!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks