• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

Matt19

I'll be coming down with my m1010 and camping through the weekend, with PlethoraOfGuns

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will be planning on arriving Friday evening and departing Saturday after a full day of wheeling, but might also possibly stay the night into Sunday morning, depends on how the work schedule shakes out.

cucvrus

We are only heading up Saturday AM. I have lots of work and will need to get ahead on Friday. I hope everything is well with the HMMWV. I have been very busy battling the intense heat this summer and so far this fall has brought. I have a major CUCV rebuild going on right now and have been getting side tracked almost daily. The dirt piles are gone and the lawn is green in my Jonestown proving ground lot. I have been testing and researching over on the farm property and have been getting great results and making lots of extra work. I need to design a barbed wire resistant drive shaft for the CUCV. I had a HMMWV wrapped in vines once and it was not very nice either. Well I hope you bring that HMMWV up it will be great to wheel it. Terminus M1009 is ready. I was thinking about putting a rebuilt injection pump on it before I go. But it seems to run fine when it is warmed up. Just have to keep it out of the deep water this time. that always seems to be my down fall. It is not a boat so stay on land. Up to the brake pedal inside is to deep for a CUCV. Take care. See you then.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to pay us a visit. Been too long.
I would love to! throw my aux fuel tank in the back and hit the road. It was great offroading there with you guys. I miss it and miss you guys. It was still the best offroad park I have ever been to. You all better enjoy it and have one for me! haha

No way. It's a moldy stinky mess right now. Lol I have to finish ripping the floor out over the kingpin yet and then gonna power wash it out. If I camp I'll bring a 105 but the woman is happier with a hotel so we'll see. Lol

cucvrus

I must agree. Smart woman. Call me what you want but my days of sleeping out are over. A Man must have his limitations. I done my share of sleeping out and as long as I have a warm bed within 30 miles of the R/Creek. I will be there sleeping in the warm bed. Something about the comfort level of the night before that makes the next day more enjoyable. The porta johns are the worst in middle of the rainy cold night.

cucvrus

17 days and a wake up. Do you have your vehicle ready? Leave all the whine at home and bring a vehicle that can get scratched, used and abused a bit. No trailer queens. I am going to stay out of the deep water. This seems to be my weak point. I have Terminus M1009 all ready. Do you have yours ready to go? Do you need anything brought up to base camp? Any more mud flaps? Check your rig and check it twice make sure it is naughty not nice. Check everything. Lube and grease will be the key to survival. I hope everyone in Group B is ready. That is the group I run with. Less down time and on the trails of greater difficulty. See you there. I am close by if you need something.

cucvrus

Are you putting 2 in right away? So you are going for sure? I have one laying in the back where its been for the last year. I have no antenna for it and did not need it the past 4 trips. I may just install it so I can hear the psycho babble. If takes away from my meditation and disrupts my chain of thought. This 4 wheeling goes real deep for me. I have an XM and an M1009 that is all I needed thus far. See you up the creek. Bring a paddle and a strong tow strap. 13 days and a wake up.

beast92

My wife and I are thinking about joining up with your group next weekend bringing our M923-A2 5 ton. We would have to drive up from MD early Saturday AM as we would get there too late Friday night to set up camp. is there anything we should know besides what you posted about signing up etc? Are the campsites first come first served or is it just pitch a tent wherever you can find space? Just want to be prepared. You said you do the easy trails. We aren't looking to bury the truck in the mud or damage it so this sounds good to us. I'll confirm as soon as we can work out the details on our end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks